1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Red line tuning brackets

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Yaozer, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Apr 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM
    Yaozer

Yaozer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red DCSB TRD Sport
    Flowmaster exhaust, 3" Old Man Emu lift, Konig Countersteer Rims, and too much more.
    So I have the red line tuning hood strut kit and I riveted the wrong bracket on the hood.

Can I simply just drill out the rivet to get the bracket out?

2. Apr 29, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    dm1215al

dm1215al Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Step tubes,Window tint, HomelinK rear view mirror, changed the entune image screen Rear Differential Breather Relocation Extended AC condensate hose KB Voodoo tailgate cap Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system.
    I almost did the same thing, just put mine in last weekend, had the holes drilled and realized I had the wrong bracket, I had to drill a third hole with the correct bracket.
    You can drill out the rivets, just be careful not to punch thru it and put a dent in your hood.
    Use the same size drill bit that you drilled the hole with, you don't want to make a larger hole.
    Of course get some more rivets.

I had trouble getting the bottom end bracket on the strut to fit on the ball end of the fender bracket, I pushed hard and tried rocking it.
    Once I got in on there it would pop off when I closed the hood, after looking at it I realized it broke the C-clip.
    I contacted Red line Tuning and they sent me two more bottom brackets that thread onto the gas strut , first one I put on snapped right on the ball and everything is working fine.

3. May 1, 2017 at 9:47 PM
    greasegunner

greasegunner Active Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 sport TRD
    I, too, ran into this issue and ended up pulling one of the rivets through on the hood clamp. Does anyone know if you can adjust the bracket lower than recommend length?

Products Discussed in

To Top