1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Red Neck Engineering Help Wanted!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mr Souc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mar 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    Mr Souc

Mr Souc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    - TacoME Satoshi - Hella Supertones - TRD front skid plate - TRD CAI - TRD cat-back exhaust - TRD short throw shifter - TRD 6 speed ball knob - Baja Soft 8 16" wheels - 285/75/16 BFG T/A KO2s - Pioneer AVH-P2400BT - OEM roof rack - Thule Aero roof rack - TSB Add-A-Leaf - 1" Level spacer up front - 5100s front & rear - Eibach 620lb coils - Toytec 2" add-a-leaf - Plasti-Dip bumper, badges, & roof
    Hey all, I need some help with some ideas on how to move my shed...:confused:

As you'll see from the pics below, the shed is down at the other end of the yard. Maybe 50 or 60 yards away. It weighs maybe 800 + pounds emptied out and is 12x10 feet.

It's all wired up with lights and outlets as it used to be up next to the house but the previous owners of the house cut the power cord and moved it to where it is now. I talked to them and they said they used 2x4s, dish soap, and a Jeep with a winch and dragged it down. I guess it stoved the lawn all the hell up - I want to avoid that! I'm thinking it is a good time to move it now as the ground is all frozen.

What I'm thinking is I'll pick up some schedule 80 PVC piping with a large diameter at the local hardware store, maybe 4 or 5 of them in 8 foot lengths. I'll barrow a few extra jacks from some buddy's and lift it up 6 or 8 inches and then slide the PVC pipes under and move it Egyptian style across the lawn with the Tacoma and a tow rope. Once I get it in place, I'll jack it up again, remove the pipes, level it and then lower it for good. Then call the electrian to get it wired up once again.

What do you all think? This seems to be the best way I can think of with out getting a team of guys involved to drag it... Any thoughts?:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 10, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    Mr Souc

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    - TacoME Satoshi - Hella Supertones - TRD front skid plate - TRD CAI - TRD cat-back exhaust - TRD short throw shifter - TRD 6 speed ball knob - Baja Soft 8 16" wheels - 285/75/16 BFG T/A KO2s - Pioneer AVH-P2400BT - OEM roof rack - Thule Aero roof rack - TSB Add-A-Leaf - 1" Level spacer up front - 5100s front & rear - Eibach 620lb coils - Toytec 2" add-a-leaf - Plasti-Dip bumper, badges, & roof
  3. Mar 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM
    Tiedie

Tiedie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    WFOY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 V6
    Katzkin, Dobinsons full suspension. Redlinegoods console cover and door panel arm rests, Double USB charger in dash installed, Ballistic Jesters 16x8. BlackVue DR 590 Dash Cam
    Go for it :headbang:.Looks like you understand how it works.

4. Mar 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I've moved some very heavy crates (2,000+ lbs) just using pipes. Once you get it up on them, it rolls really easy. You probably won't even need to tow it unless your yard is that really steep (doesn't look like it in the pics) or if you want to have a safety in case it starts rolling backwards. My other suggestion is rent a "Johnson Bar" from your local rental store. It's much easier to get the piece up onto the pipes that way.

5. Mar 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    my first thought was the pipe method too... BTW, i'd ditch the landscaping in front of the shed :D

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Mr Souc

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    UPDATE:

Shed is all moved. Did it myself in like 3 hours! It went smooth as shit through a tin horn!

Its all wired up, complete with a mini fridge full of frosty brews!

Great Success!

7. Apr 13, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    Mr Souc

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Haha I agree! I'll post some this weekend!

8. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    :thumbsup:

Me and my dad use to move some big ass deer blinds with the PVC pipe method.

9. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Must be a Mainiac thing :laugh:

Glad it worked out!