1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Redline oil bottles - pouring fractions of a bottle?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by builthatch, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    builthatch

builthatch [OP] MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    is there an easy way to do this without transferring it to another bottle? what a pain!

i have an easier time being precise with "normal" oil bottles, even if it doesn't have a level "window", as you can put your finger on the bottle and note the position when looking inside. redline has such a strange bottle shape, you can't do that so if your car or truck takes X.5 quarts or x.25 quarts, you have to pour and check pour and check with Redline, instead of getting it approximate, checking, and usually being on point such as when i use oils in "normal" bottles.

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab 2.7L SR5 5spd, 4x4
    5100 set to .85 w/ rear TSB, 2012 Rear-view Mirror, Grillecraft, Team Trails FJ Wheels, TPMS canister, Rear headrest delete, Rear console delete, Valley Hitch, Frame undercoat, $2.99 Tailgate hose clamp lock, Avid light bar, 4x4 lighted switch ala Biceman.
    No, have to pour it out. Everything except the engine on a Tacoma you fill until it pours out the fill hole so there's really no need to measure it. Same with most gear oil replacements on other vehicles, so there is no need to mark the bottles. I hope you are talking about engine oil and not gear fluid here.

To Top