1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

redoing BHLM - how do I deal with extra silicon added first time?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sook, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    sook

sook [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    Okay, I want to try to redo part of one of my headlights. It's not a big thing I need to fix, but enough that it bothers me. Thing is, when I put them back together after doing it the first time, I applied extra silicon to seal it. Can I follow the same steps in the write-up to remove the two pieces or do I need to do something special because of the silicon?

Does it get soft at the same temp? Is it going to make a huge stringy mess? Anything else I should know?

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    sook

sook [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    Posting for future searchers

Yes, you can put them back in the oven and pull them apart, you just have to pull harder. Make sure you remove all the dead silicone and reseal though.

Products Discussed in

To Top