1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Redoing my lift.. Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacomaoffroad, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    tacomaoffroad

tacomaoffroad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jax
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC TRD OR
    ARB bumper w/ 50w hellas 885's with aal 265/75/16 Cooper STT's Custom Sliders TC UCA's
    Hey guys so right now I'm running a 3" toytec lift. I have an arb bumper up front with no winch. Have been running it for probably 6 years now and I'm ready for something a little smoother. Here's what the lift consist of now
    Front:
    Ome 885 with stock shocks and a 1/2" spacer on top of the coil over. Also have the diff drop which I will probably eliminate when I redo the lift. I hear a clunking every time I back up coming from the front and I'm pretty certain it's from that.
    Rear: stock leaf pack with an aal from toytec. Shims under the packs to help the angle
    Tire setup: stock wheels with 265/75/16 BFF a/t.
    What I'm looking to do is to lower it a bit. There's too much space in between the tires and fenders right now. Ill post a pic later. Also looking to improve the bone jarring ride quality that ive dealt with for years. Majority of it is from the e rated tires but I'm sure a nicer suspension would improve it some.
    So here are my options.
    1. Grab some 5100s and putting my stock springs back in the front while setting the 5100s to 2" and removing the aal in the back and getting the tsb done.
    2. Leave everything as is and just put the 5100s in on the stock setting. I realize this wont change my ride height but I can probably live with the height thing if my ride improves. I can always use the extra ground clearance while offloading.

What do you guys think will offer the best ride on road?

Products Discussed in

To Top