1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reg Cab Subs

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by YotaMan2007, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    hey guys i'm just curious how many of you are wanting more bass for your tacoma and want to add a sub. i have dealt with the frustration of not being able to locate a box that will fit behind the bench seat easily. I'm considering making and selling sub boxes for regular cab tacomas. I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

2. Feb 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    JoeSchmuck

JoeSchmuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 2x4 O.R., Timberline Green
    Pop & Lock, Access LE Rollup Cover, Alpine PDX-5 Amp, Image Dynamics CS-6/CX-6 & 10" Sub
    What constitutes an easy fit in your mind? I believe Mr. Marv and ********* sell subs that fit perfectly into a Tacoma. Although having another source for the product would be nice. It also matters if you are going to design the box properly for the speaker volume (space). There is math involved, you can't just build a box and drop in a spreaker. The math is actually easy for a sub but you must use it to create a proper product. Off the top of my head I'd say you could make a box without a speaker installed and profit maybe $30 - $45 for each unit if you buy bulk materials. Your first box you might be lucky to break even if this is the first one you've built due to errors you may have done (like cutting the material incorrectly). Your first few boxes have to be spot on and have great reviews if you want to sell.

Just some comments and if you think you can make a good product while having a competitive price, I wish you the best of luck. Most people have to start small befor they can become big and if you have great ambitions then maybe your product name will become something everyone will know.

I just purchased my sub from Taco Tunes and I'm just waiting its arrival. I expect it's installation to be very easy as I'm removing the plastic tray, not cutting it up.

-Joe

Products Discussed in

To Top