1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

regional/corporate contacts...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DodgeORama, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jan 6, 2017 at 5:07 PM
    DodgeORama

DodgeORama [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dodge
    Squamish, BC
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB
    I read about a lot of folks complaining to 'corporate' anyone in Canada have an idea of who that might be for us? Is there a regional contact I could call to escalate a complaint?

Thanks in advance

2. Jan 11, 2017 at 12:01 PM
    narshkey

narshkey Fabrication Designer

Member:
    CDN
    Vehicle:
    In progress
    In progress... oh boy
    Talk to your local dealership. I think they have to give it out if you ask them. I know the call center is in Ontario but the lines in are regionalized. (Dealer might give you a local number that gets forwarded or a 1-8xx). I think they do this so that similar environmental concerns go to the same person rather than just to general staff. Although I am not 100% sure on this.

I know my case went into corp. Then it was handed off to upper/senior management. I have a runaround as a tech from a dealership told me something he should not have and corp. does not want the liability. However they did mention that I was only able to speak with one individual about the issue. Can be a bit difficult as trying to call I am never on ONT time.

3. Jan 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    DodgeORama

Member:
    First Name:
    Dodge
    Squamish, BC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, I'm on the West Coast but don't mind getting up early if I need to...

I'm heading to the dealer tonight to talk with the GM and a Finance mgr so we'll see what happens - 4 weeks after the original complaint and after he forgot to call me twice!

In a nutshell, the finance lady that tried to sell me the warranty was absolutely horrendous - fear mongering, manipulative and had no idea about the products she was pushing, made handing over the check a real crappy experience. GM said he'll get the Finanger Mgr to answer all my questions and offer the 'best possible price' on the warranty... I'll found out tonight what that really means.

4. Jan 11, 2017 at 1:17 PM
    narshkey

Member:
    CDN
    Vehicle:
    In progress
    In progress... oh boy
    Also do not be afraid to call around. Local, provincial, national. Any dealer can offer the warranty or services. AND they all want your money so any will do the leg work. Often though it is a good negation tactic to use when purchasing as it is easy for them to write of the value and it has benefit to you. So it is a win win. Hope it works out.

I know you can (or used to be able to) buy a warranty from a dealer in the US and it was still good in Canada. There was a person on TW that used to sell them but I think he went AFK and a new member started doing it?? Although it was a while ago.

I had similar experience a while back and while I will no longer do business with part of that dealership, there are others that still earn my respect and business. I did get my money back but not my waste of time or effort. On the other side the dealer got stuck with a factory built custom vehicle that would be hard to sell because of the mix up.

5. Jan 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM
    DodgeORama

Member:
    First Name:
    Dodge
    Squamish, BC
    Vehicle:
    My biggest issue is how long it took them to arrange a meeting after the initial call saying they'd try to make it right - it's been longer than 31 days now so if I decide to look elsewhere I've lost the 'bonus' 3 years of services, which was about $1000 in value!

If they don't have a decent offer tonight I'll escalate the complaint based on the fact that their tardiness has reduced the value of the ECP.

Mind you, I'd settle for that awful woman being fired!

6. Jan 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM
    narshkey

Member:
    CDN
    Vehicle:
    In progress
    In progress... oh boy
    Well depending on what is offered. You may be able to think outside the box for a solution.

The dealer may see it as loosing money to give you to much. SO possibly instead ask for something that has little value to them but great to you. Free oil changes or tire storage to make it right.

My last dealer messed up a little bit but over the course of time, because I was good about it, I have a great relationship with the parts manager and others. Just last week he brought out a part for me because of a small failure on aftermarket parts. It would have cost me 2hrs of my time to go get it. Or when I got winter tires he checked out back to see if any trade ins had come in so I could match my spare. (No cost to me for spare). Yes I have thrown a little business back to them that I could have maybe done for cheaper but I know that if my truck were to explode, they would be one of the first people I call to help. And they would.

So be nice and look for positives.

7. Jan 11, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    DodgeORama

Member:
    First Name:
    Dodge
    Squamish, BC
    Vehicle:
    Great advice all round... I hope I've been as reasonable as I think I have

8. Jan 11, 2017 at 8:57 PM
    DodgeORama

Member:
    First Name:
    Dodge
    Squamish, BC
    Vehicle:
    Looks like I won't need that number after all - they offered a Platinum 84/120 ECP for what they said was cost. Not too shabby.

Sterdog likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top