1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Relocate Shock Mounts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bromagen25, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    bromagen25

bromagen25 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    Rear Breather
    i have looked for a wile and i can only find how too and write ups for the early tacomas. With the newer 2005+ tacomas the shock mounts on the side of the real axle. making the shock mount hang very low. is there any way to relocate the mount to make it on top of the axle or some were out of danger on the trails? i now with the older tacomas all-pro sold flip kits with shock relocation mounts but i can find nothing like that for the 2005+ tacomas.

Thanks for any help or fix.

[​IMG]

2. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    The End

The End Support our troops!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    HP60/14 bolt, Atlas 5.0.
    You can make them yourself or get them from trail-gear. Weld on the top of the axle so they sit on the top, it's mostly for flex and don't really know how it will affect the ride.

3. Sep 10, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Do some research on the 1st gen factory ubolt plates. The shocks mounts are on the factory ubolt plates on the 1st gens. If the axle tube is the same width, and the upper shock mounts are in similar locations...you might be able to just swap u-bolt plates. Springs are the same width.

Or, you could do something more extreme that'll cost more money to do - custom mounts on the axle tube (involves welding - something like this)
    http://image.4wdandsportutility.com...oyota_tacoma_prerunner+lower_shock_mounts.jpg

Or a crossover design like this:
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/ocdropzone/012-1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top