1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

<Remington 887 or Benelli Super Nova>

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by sandman427, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    You should check out Benelli's website. They have some awesome demos of all of their products. The Vinci is cool in theory but I've heard mixed reviews and it can't shoot 3.5" shells

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    That's what I have been looking at for the last few days haha!!!!! But for sure though... I was thinking of getting another 1911 but its gonna wait now... If I want the SBE 2

3. Feb 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Check out this video, it should help you understand the inertia driven system. Aside from being fast and light wheight I LOVE how clean this sytem keeps the gun. More time shooting less time cleaning = :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIN6-SbECjE

4. Feb 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    that is deff amazing... i went to a local gun store and checked out SBE2 and man was i soled on it.. lol i saw the kimber warrior i wanted too... but im gonna wait on that... the feel on the SBE 2 was damn near flawless.... thanks again fellas...

5. Feb 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    xOZx

xOZx Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 4X4
    885x Coils, Bilstein 5100s, Deaver add a leafs
    If you're going pump get the 870 wingmaster. (NOT the express) If going auto get the Benelli. I've got an older M1 Super 90 and would not tarde it for the world. P.S. the advantage of the auto for trap/skeet is the recoil...autos handle it much better.

6. Feb 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    thats a common trend among a lot of these videos...

7. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Lol just ordered the SBE 2... Should be getting it in a couple weeks...

8. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    showmeballer

showmeballer Well-Known Member

Member:
    st. louis
    Vehicle:
    08 trd off-road
    None yet

:cheers:

9. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    :yay:
    You have chosen wisely! Congrats you won't be disappointed.

What length did you get?

10. Feb 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    28" comes With five different choke tubs a hard case and no tax!!! Lol

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    there is one thing i am really trying to figure out... the five different chokes.... what would be optimal for skeet...

12. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    Full choke if you're a good aim and really want to destroy the clays :cool:

I have pretty good luck with my "decoy" choke that extends beyond my barrel. I can drop ducks up to 50 yards away and skeet at 30 yards I don't even really have to aim.

13. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    each choke will tighten the grouping on each shoot right as well as loosen it??

14. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    Right. Adjusts what kind of spread you have as the shot gets farther away from you. I think a full choke will have your spread still looking like a softball at 30 yards. They're good for destroying things. Not just dropping them.

See the following: http://www.hunter-ed.com/akm/course/ch3_shotgun_choke_shot_pattern.htm

15. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    nice.. pic makes much more sense.... thanks again... i m getting really anxious lol!! haha

16. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Good choice, I also have teh 28" which fits perfectely in my two gun bag. right next to my AR15 or AK47. Any longer than 28" it won't fit in the bag.

If the hard case they give you is anything like mine you will take it out of that case and never use it again. It's a nice case but I just don't like having to take the barrell off to put the gun away.

Nice job getting no tax you saved some serious coin.
    [​IMG]

Depends on the shooter but note if you ever get the urge to shoots slugs or buck shot make sure you have the open choke in. If I remember right the manual goes over all of that.

I'm excited for you, you are going to love shooting a SBE II.

17. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    sicripp83

sicripp83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wboro
    Vehicle:
    sic
    i would go with the benelli i have a supernova and its a great gun i like it more than my 870.

18. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    He already said he purchased a Benelli SBE II :deadhorse:

19. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Oh YEAAA IT'S BEIN SHIPPED ON MONDAY TO MY FFL DEALer!!!!

20. Feb 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    do u guys know if there is a plug for hunting in it..??? when it goes from 2+1 to 4+1 i think... in the SBE 2

Products Discussed in

To Top