1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remote Lock Leer 100XQ/Pop N Lock Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by August West, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    August West

August West [OP] Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC SB TRD 4x4 V6 6-speed
    I recently got the Leer 100XQ shell with the remote keyless power lock.

After install it became apparent that the rear locking door of the campershell was not going to secure the tailgate as well, like my old campershell did on my old Toyota.

My question is this:

I have a power Pop n Lock on order; will I be able to integrate the PopnLock wires with the Leer power lock wires, or will I still have to run the wiring harness up to the cab?

I didn't want to have to reinvent the wheel if anybody's gone down this road before.

Thanks!

2. Sep 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    you can likely tap into the same output

might need a relay though, depending on current draw

3. Oct 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    Elliebarley1978

Elliebarley1978 Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    weathertech floor liners, wet okole fronts, leer 100xq cap, trd exhaust
    i thought it does lock with the attachment put on the bumper. why do you need the pop and lock.

doesnt leer have an attachment that goes on the top of the tailgate to make it so you cant open either if the canopy is locked.

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    August West

August West [OP] Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC SB TRD 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Yeah, I initially rejected the tailgate flange because I thought it would be a flimsy piece of plastic (sight unseen), but after waiting 4 weeks for the pop and lock to show up, I went by the Leer place and picked up the plastic piece and it is beefier than I thought. I cancelled my order with P & L and am going to install the plastic flange.

Big Tip!!!: When installing the remote lock or the pop and lock, consider tapping into the passenger door or back seat door wires so you don't cycle the lock mechanism everytime you open up the driver door. In other words, the back should only be opening when you double click your fob. This should be elementary logic and I'm surprised noone's mentioned this. I don't need my campershell to be unlocking/locking everytime I get in the car!:crazy:

Products Discussed in

To Top