1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

remote turns lights on wiring help please!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by whatatoy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    whatatoy

whatatoy [OP] Galt/Rearden 2012

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it
    This truck is a work truck - not a lot of fancy mod's here, but it's getting the job done!
    I need some help with wiring lights for the outside of my truck - I am going to put LED's on the outside (and maybe a couple inside).

Here's what I want the lights to do:

remote unlock truck: lights on
    start truck: lights off
    remote lock truck: lights off
    toggle switch in cab: lights on/off
    open door: lights on/off

But, I'd also like to turn off the lights if the door is open with the toggle switch... complicated enough??

I'll be using LED lights from Oznium because I like the products so far (see my build thread in signature)

I understand how to connect wires, how to wire single switch to multiple lights, etc.

I don't understand wiring jargon or symbols on diagrams - please use simple terms for labeling and explanations - thanks.

I'm not afraid of doing the work, I look forward to the education - please help me with this question!!!

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    whatatoy

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it
    This truck is a work truck - not a lot of fancy mod's here, but it's getting the job done!

Yes - it's some sort of aftermarket thing that the PO had installed... Works well... it beeps and flashes the running lights and everything...

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    whatatoy

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it

I can figure out where the power (that makes my lights flash) is coming from for the remote on my own... but, taking that power and doing the what I want to do with it is beyond me...

what i'm looking for is a wiring diagram of what I said in my original post that is easy to understand... I may be asking the impossible...

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    whatatoy

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it
    bumping for the random chance an electrician or electrical engineer is in the midst...

Products Discussed in

To Top