1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removable ladder racks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by johnnylaw, May 27, 2008.

1. May 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    johnnylaw

johnnylaw [OP] Member

Member:
    Sandy Eggo
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab V-6 LB TRD Sport Debadged
    Sony xm-4s Amp, Weatherguard Racks, DeeZee tool Box, Roppe bed mat
    I am looking at installing "weekender" ladder racks made by Weather guard. http://www.weatherguard.com/pdfs/24-0192.pdf they cost about $280.00. I currently have them on my Tundra. They should mount easily on the rear as there is steel support on the side and the bottom. Up front I have some concerns about mounting to the rail system or bolting through the bed. They are made to only carry up to 250 lbs. Not sure if there is a concern about a bottom puncture of the plastic bed (what a dumb idea). Has anyone else installed this type of rack?:boom:

2. May 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    johnnylaw

johnnylaw [OP] Member

Member:
    Sandy Eggo
    Vehicle:
    Those would be fine, except I only use my racks once or twice a month. When not being used I Don't like the look of racks. I have a tool box and with the other system the front rack stays up. With this system I can remove both racks in less than a minute and store them under the tool box. I am mostly looking for any installation help.
    Thanks

John:)

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    River88

River88 Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2008 SILVER SPORT 4x4
    Tint, Gorilla Wheel Locks, Seatbelt chime disable mod...awesome! Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Johnnylaw, there's a guy on these forums who had a photo of weekender racks mounted on his truck, I saw it and now i'm back looking for it for my own rig. If i find it, i'll send you a msg.

River88

4. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    johnnylaw

johnnylaw [OP] Member

Member:
    Sandy Eggo
    Vehicle:
    I put the weekender on my truck. It works great. O blind mounted the front brace to the rails and the rear to the steel post. I though I posted pics many months ago of my install. Let me know if you have questions

5. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    xtirtzt

xtirtzt Addict.

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    afe pro-dry S, flowmaster 40 series, ipod interface, black headlights, yellow fogs
    get thule racks. a couple of guys that i work with that are both carpenters have them for carrying there ladders...i think they look sick as well as seem very functional and well made...im not sure if they are actual ladder racks maybe for carrying canoes...i dunno but anyway check it out im sure its on thules website or something...i wanna get em just cause they look cool, lol:D

6. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

Products Discussed in

To Top