1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Hazard switch from factory HU

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Burgman, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    mwtaco

mwtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07DCSB Black
    getting the clock/hazard out of HU. above posts were helpful. there is a casing associated with the dash facade that does not come out. use a small screwdriver to help work it out.

2. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    schumacm

schumacm Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma SR5
    I have to agree with the previous post. I just took mine out. It took me forever. There are 6 tiny clips that connect the panel to the casing. The trick is to use the butter knifes to keep them open so you can push the panel out. With 6 clips there is no way to get them all released at the same time. If you are able to do it without the butter knifes you are probably just pushing through the clips, in which case you will need to push hard. With the butter knifes it works well. Just wedge 2 on the top and bottom about 1/3 of the way from the edge on each side. Then wedge one on the hazard button side.... then push on the panel from the front firmly, but not too hard. It will pop right out.

3. Dec 19, 2015 at 11:38 AM
    TommysTaco

TommysTaco New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Springfield, OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Longbed
    Thanks for this thread! I was going nuts trying to remove this from the bezel! I have the whole OEM radio unit removed and tried to get the front circuit board removed to get at the screws that hold the entire sleeve on (With the bezel tabs that sap into the dash.) that the factory clock and hazard button unit clips into. Finally found this thread leading me to look harder for the top two clips under the sleeve. Once I un-clipped those with jewelers screwdrivers as Brian mentioned above, it easily slipped out of the sleeve. The new HU Bezel from OTTONAVI is a much better design.

4. Mar 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    MountainSufi

MountainSufi Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 White Taco Double Cab Loooooong Bed TRD
    Howdy from Jackson Hole!

I also got everything but the top 2 clips loose. This allowed the Clock/Hazard enough slack to pivot back a little bit. I slipped in a fine-toothed jigsaw blade and sawed the decorative arms around the unit off (hey, I'm throwing the crappy OEM radio head away). This gave me the room to easily remove it. I recommend you hand saw or dremel instead of electric jigsaw.

WARNING: Speaker wires on my 2012 Taco were cross-wired into the speakers. Check color coding on your rig or you'll get crappy sound... The woofer moving in just a bit instead of out a lot!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top