1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Resonator Intake Box on 2.7 1st Gen ONLY

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Member1115, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Feb 25, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    Member1115

Member1115 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Coming Soon...!!!
    I've searched some info with regards to removing the resonator intake box for the 1st Gen 4-banger, but came up short. I have found the mod done for the 1st Gen V6 and the 2nd Gen 4-banger, but NOT the 1st Gen 2.7.

Has anyone came across this mod and found any difference, either good or bad, in the overall outcome? In reference to what I have searched and found on the other V6 and 2nd Gen catagories is that this mod sometimes created a poor/rough idle and triggered CEL, while other's ranted and raved about the "deeper" noise level produced in acceleration.

Just to share a quick story. My previous car was an Infinity G35. One of the most sought after mod (cause of cost and simplicity) to do was to swap out the intake tube from the G35 with that of a Nissan 350z. The difference between both intake tubes was that the OEM 350z had no resonator attached to the tube, while the OEM G35 did. By doing this mod, I did immediately noticed the deeper growl of the engine that was produce on my G35 from before the swapping of intake tubes. Definitely a "fun-factor" mod at the very least.

:pray:This is what I am hoping could be accomplished by removing the resonator on my whimpy sounding 4-banger without having to reach into my wallet for headers and/or exhaust upgrades just yet. But before going through and attempting it, I wanted to get some feedback on this from the more seasoned and veteran members on here that might have done this mod already.

Any upgrade to that whimpy mechanical noise of these engines in my opinion would be a great gain.

Thx in advance guys!!! :thumbsup:

2. Feb 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.

Products Discussed in