1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing the AVS logo from Bugflector II.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Spacedude, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Spacedude

Spacedude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner TRD Off-Road Indigo
    Bed mat, Access Limited Edition tonneau cover, DeeZee Elite nerf bars, AVS Bugflector II, Toyota aluminum skid plate, Toyota TRD seat covers.
    I really like my new AVS Bugflector II, but it has a distracting white logo that looks like bird splatter. Here's a way I found to remove it. There are probably many ways; this method worked extremely well for me. Also, I take no responsibility for any damage that may occur. The logo is painted on with white paint. Use a very small amount of lacquer thinner on an old t-shirt and gently rub the paint away. Keep applying the thinner on a new section of the t-shirt and gently wipe until all the white paint is removed. This will leave the plastic dull. Apply some automotive clearcoat polish to the dull area, gently rubbing in a back and forth motion. Let it dry to a haze, and buff off the polish. Do this twice. The plastic will be restored and be shiny again. I can't tell the difference now that there was ever a logo there. It looks so much better.:proposetoast:

2. tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    nice tip. got a pic of the after shot?

3. Spacedude

Spacedude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner TRD Off-Road Indigo
    Bed mat, Access Limited Edition tonneau cover, DeeZee Elite nerf bars, AVS Bugflector II, Toyota aluminum skid plate, Toyota TRD seat covers.
    Here is an "after" pic. Just like new, and no white logo.
    IMG_2182.jpg

4. surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    In my opinion bug deflectors are old school 80's and for old men who fish. Please keep the Toyota looking tough, ace the bug deflector! :eek:

5. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    to each his own man!!! i have no problem with bug deflectors.;)

6. RSH904

RSH904 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    Nice, I will be doing this tomorrow. I put on an AVS shield today and was immediately bothered by the emblem. I didnt think there would be a solution here so I google searched it and it brought me right back to this site. That painted emblem irritates me. Its not enough that I buy your product. Why the hell do I have to advertise for you too??

7. Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    While I agree I hate the bug defelctors, I did try one on my first '08 taco for a few months. The AVS logo annoyed me too... I just used my finger nails to scrape it off though lol...

8. chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, lots of buttons, and yellow flashing lights on the dash.
    Well done! You cant tell it was ever there!

9. Cape Codder

Cape Codder Native Son

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Hangin' Out in the Atlantic
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab 4.0L V6 Auto - Silverstreak Mica
    Silver Tube Step, TRD Skid Plate, Color Matched Satoshi Grill w/ Individual Letters Toyota Emblem, Avid LiteBar & Hitch Step Color Match Powdered w/DIY Front Plate Holder (NO Bumper Holes), DeBadged, SockMonkey Hood Scoop & Tailgate Decals, DeBadged Leer 100LX Cap w/ Adventure Pkg & Remote Lock, Bilstein Shocks, 17-in. TRD Sport Wheels, P265/65R17 Bridgestone Dueler H/T, 6 CD Changer w/SubWoofer, BluLogic Hands Free, UltraGauge, Pro-Fit & Pro-Clip Device Holders, AutoMate Alarm & Remote Start, WeatherTech FloorLiners (Frt & Rr), WeatherTech All Weather Mats (Over Front Liners ), Tint, WeatherTech Headlight / Foglight Protection, AutoBahnd RoadBlock Paint Protection System, Driver's Door Keytechniques Keyhole Cover, Bed Mat, Spare Lock, Wheel Locks, LifeLong Locks Class 5 Locking Hitch Pin, FogLight Anytime, Tailgate Hoseclamp, 4 Extra Bed "D" Rings, Charcoal/Blk Wet Okoles (frt & rr), LED's @ Dome, Maps, Lic Plate & 3rd Brake, TSBs Transmission & Leaf Spring
    You'll be Old Too, Someday :rofl:
    And Sooner Than You Think
    And You'll Have a Bunch of Stuff.........
    That NOBODY Likes

TIME: Our Most Precious Commodity

10. RSH904

RSH904 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    I did this today. Worked awesome. Thinner took the emblem right off and the wax shined it back up.....

To Top