1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing the driverside door panel?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by BrianPK, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Apr 21, 2007 at 3:55 AM
    BrianPK

BrianPK [OP] Offroad Enthusiast

Member:
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD 4WD V6 SR5
    CB Radio, 3'' fabtec spacer lift and 3'' body lift flowmaster dual exhaust, deckplate mod, silencer mod, Work in progress pioneer 7900bt stereo with 5X8 infinity speakers all around, and eclipse ex400 amp
    i'm going to re-post this in technical chat too, but i figured this would be the best place to start.

my little sister slammed my door a few weeks ago, and it knocked the power window out of it's track. the dealer wants to charge me $300+ for the glass run and install. i took my maglight out tonight and peeked through the slit. it looks like the window is just off the track.

question: anyone know how to remove the door panel without ruining it? i wanna do it myself if i can.

2. Apr 22, 2007 at 6:28 AM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
    Hey Brian, Well I tok the panel off my 03 Taco yours should be the same.
    First thing go to a auto store and get the tool to remove the clips so you don't rip them or brake the off. (Pep Boys, Auto Zone ect.)
    You also have to remove the 2 screws that hold the hand pull (there might be a filler cap on them)and the latch trim. next thing is the power button control panel, there is a clip, it should be on the top of the assembly that holds it down. use a small screwdriver but put some masking take on thr panel so you don' scratch ! Once you have it out, unplug the control. you also have to remove the black cover in the corner of the window that covers the mirror bolts. Now you can put that tool in the slot on the bottom of the panel.(you will see a slot just for that. go slow and move it around alittle until all the clips are undone. then you have to move it around very slow and lift, there are hooks the hold it down on top too.
    Good Luck.. go slow and don't scratch anything..

ps: Brian check out this link, it has pics and gives instructions:
    http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=143

3. Nov 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    hdraptor

hdraptor New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amanda
    El Paso, Texas
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Awesome!!!! This helped me fix my truck!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top