1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replace Cats with Headers?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Gunner23, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jan 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    Gunner23

Gunner23 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno TRD Off Road 4x4 Double-cab
    17x9 Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II Wheels 265/70R17 Cooper Discovery STMaxx Tires
    After reading several posts regarding headers I still can't get a good read on what would be best for my truck. I have 124k miles on my '06 TRD Offroad and was told the cats are starting to run hot. I only have the front set of cats and they were running around 475degrees.

It seems down the middle as to whether adding headers with an aftermarket exhaust is a good idea, I have a flowmaster 40 series currently. The guy at the shop suggested cutting the cats and going with a header setup.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

(In Florida by the way, not too much in the way of emission controls here afaik)

2. Jan 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Get the dt long tubes, but you will have to ditch that flowmaster for something else. Its going to sound like crap otherwise. You would also have to put a set of cats back into the y-pipe because it will be to loud or if you can put a big muffler on to make it quieter.

Products Discussed in

To Top