1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacement 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma Keyless Entry Remote with Programming Instructions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LGE RAW, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jul 8, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    LGE RAW

LGE RAW [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Dothan
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road DCSB 6AT Magnetic Gray Metallic
    New Mods in the works.
    My spare keyless entry remote was misplaced a few years ago. I was digging around on Amazon and found the following replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068OZ25K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I figure for $8.99 it would be worth a shot, especially since it has a four star rating. The new remote arrived in 2 days (Prime Member 2 day free shipping). I got around to printing the instructions from the Amazon site (the website that came with the remote was a bit unfinished as shown here: http://autokeymax.com/cars/toyota/toyota-Tacoma-2005-2014).

I'll paste the instructions below. I followed the instructions and was worried that the new remote was not locking the doors. It would unlock it fine, but would not lock it. I ran through the programming instructions again and it appeared the lock button was not working. I started the truck, then turned it off and the new remote and the old remote were working fine.
    The new remote looks and feels sturdy. It is not a factory (OEM) replacement part and does not have the Toyota logo on the back. It did come with a battery, although it was not a Duracell as indicated on the Amazon page.

1. Start with the key out of the ignition, driver’s door is open all others closed and driver’s door is unlocked.

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.

A. Insert the key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

B. Insert the key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.

A. Close then open the driver’s door.

B. Close then open the driver’s door.

C. Insert the key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.

A. Close then open the driver’s door.

B. Close then open the driver’s door.

C. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.

D. Close the driver’s door.

E. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.

F. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically

6. Indicating successful entry into programming mode.

7. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

8. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.

A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.

B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons,

9. Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted.

A. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.

10. Open driver’s door (exits program mode).

Products Discussed in

To Top