1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacement Emblems and weather stripping

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Saint Paulian, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Feb 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Saint Paulian

Saint Paulian [OP] Member

Member:
    Saint Paul, MN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 V6 4X4
    My 2003 is starting to show signs of rust in the door jams, so I am going to get it painted now before it gets worse and more expensive to fix. The body shop gave me an estimate to repaint the whole vehichle, in doing this all emblems and decals will need to replaced. I could care less about the decals, but I do like the emblems. There are 3 on each side and 2 in back at a cost of $300:mad: from their source at the dealer. Is there a cheaper aftermarket vendor to buy emblems from?

Also the weather stripping for both doors needs to be replaced. Is there an aftermarket vendor that sells these?

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

2. Feb 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Not all body shops this way, but I can say some "coverage approved" ones are real shady when it comes to billing and dealer parts. Had our Camry repaired by supposed honest top line approved shop. Billed the ins co for all new dealer emblems (reused our old ones), a dealer new exhaust (cheapo aftermarket actually installed) etc. You really have to watch it.

To your question, not aware of any good aftermarket items. Sometimes Rockauto has some of the items.

If the pieces need replacing I'd suggest Toyota parts. The body shop will be quoting full price retail. I'd suggest looking at some online factory Toyota part vendors. Some are listed under the sticky at the top of this forum. I've used toyotapartszone with good service, but there are a number of others. Either way these can save you some money on factory parts even with paying ship for them.

Keep in mind the body shop will probably not want to install your provided parts or give you some guff about not being able to warranty the work or some such. They might be agreeable just has not been my experience. Emblems and weatherstrip should be pretty easy to install yourself if need be.
    Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top