1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing OEM Tailights on a 2007

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by the544man, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    the544man

the544man [OP] Member

Member:
    Dallas, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    I need to pick up a new passenger side tail light assembly for my 2007 Prerunner. Are the $50-62 ones sold online like ebay or autowarehouse exactly like the expensive OEM $150 from the Toyota Parts Dept at a dealership? I have a small brush crack in mine from the last owner and i want to replace it before it gets any moisture inside even from fogging. thanks for any help you can offer. ted

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | Access Roll-up Tonneau Cover, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat ---------------------------- | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber) Audio: Alpine CDA-117, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    I can't speak for the ebay ones but if you keep an eye on the 2nd Gen marketplace thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/ you'll come across a TW member selling his from time to time. I bought mine from a member for $50 shipped... exceptional price I know, but you can find them on here for $50-$80 a pair. BTW welcome to TW and good luck!!!

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    Hoodat

Hoodat Member

Member:
    North Idaho, USA
    Vehicle:
    06 Base + mods
    Cruise control, interval wipers, DTRL, alarm system, locking bed cubbys, disable TPMS light
    Ted,
    If you don't score in the Tacoma World marketplace, a suggestion. There are 'grades' of aftermarket tail lights. I can't remember where I found the description of the grades. Avoid the real cheap ones. I had to replace one a couple of years ago; I bought a mid-grade one for ~$80 online. I can't tell it from the stock one, and in a couple of years it hasn't leaked nor filled up with dust. Several years back, I replaced a tail light in a Nissan with an el cheapo. It was poorly made, didn't fit right, and leaked dust.
    HTH,
    Hoodat

To Top