1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing OEM Tailights on a 2007

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by the544man, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    the544man

the544man [OP] Member

Member:
    Dallas, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    I need to pick up a new passenger side tail light assembly for my 2007 Prerunner. Are the $50-62 ones sold online like ebay or autowarehouse exactly like the expensive OEM $150 from the Toyota Parts Dept at a dealership? I have a small brush crack in mine from the last owner and i want to replace it before it gets any moisture inside even from fogging. thanks for any help you can offer. ted

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    I can't speak for the ebay ones but if you keep an eye on the 2nd Gen marketplace thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/ you'll come across a TW member selling his from time to time. I bought mine from a member for $50 shipped... exceptional price I know, but you can find them on here for $50-$80 a pair. BTW welcome to TW and good luck!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jan 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    Hoodat

Hoodat Member

Member:
    North Idaho, USA
    Vehicle:
    06 Base + mods
    Cruise control, interval wipers, DTRL, alarm system, locking bed cubbys, disable TPMS light
    Ted,
    If you don't score in the Tacoma World marketplace, a suggestion. There are 'grades' of aftermarket tail lights. I can't remember where I found the description of the grades. Avoid the real cheap ones. I had to replace one a couple of years ago; I bought a mid-grade one for ~$80 online. I can't tell it from the stock one, and in a couple of years it hasn't leaked nor filled up with dust. Several years back, I replaced a tail light in a Nissan with an el cheapo. It was poorly made, didn't fit right, and leaked dust.
    HTH,
    Hoodat

Products Discussed in

To Top