1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Pulleys

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by PVT Pablo, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Jan 1, 2016 at 9:22 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo [OP]

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Hey guys, I just got my super nifty mechanic's stethoscope and found out that my high pitched whining noise is coming from one of my pulleys. I'm about to go the store to get the pulley, I just want to make sure I'm getting the right one.

The noisy pulley is the one directly to the left of the alternator, under the oil filter, small and silver. Is that this pulley?

http://www.amazon.com/Gates-36173-I...58&sr=8-3&keywords=toyota+tacoma+idler+pulley

This is for my 4.0L V6 Tacoma.

Also, I'm at 60,000k miles, would it be a good time to replace the belt as well? The belt itself looks fine.

Thanks!

2. Jan 1, 2016 at 9:37 AM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    If it's not the koyo bearing idler pully you might be re-replacing it sooner than expected. I just replaced mine, make sure your belt is seated correctly after install or you'll b replacing that to.

3. Jan 1, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    It'll be a pain! Lol
    The pully will be on tight. Have patients loading the belt. It can be frustrating taking tension off and lining everything up at the same time.

4. Jan 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo [OP]

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Thanks for the help gentleman. I'm off to the parts store. Wish me luck trying to tell them what parts I want in English and them responding to me in Español.

ImplicitlyAlberta likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top