1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tacomaclay, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Aug 30, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    tacomaclay

tacomaclay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4 04
    Flowmaster exhaust, K&N 77 series intake, kobalt aluminum toolbox
    I want to replace just my speakers but not my stero does anyone know where I can find some that I can just swap out with my factory ones.

2. Aug 30, 2007 at 2:47 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    find the speaker size of the ones you want to replace, then just go to any car audio store, or best buy, and buy that size, they should be able to just plug in where the old ones went.

3. Aug 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM
    tacomaclay

tacomaclay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4 04
    Flowmaster exhaust, K&N 77 series intake, kobalt aluminum toolbox
    Can I just them from there and put them in my self?

4. Aug 30, 2007 at 5:15 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I checked the speaker finder thing based on vehicle and model on crutchfield.com, and it seemed to indicate that you could put either 6 1/2 or 5 1/2 round in the tacoma's front or rear "with the included adapter plate", which leads me to believe that it technically uses neither size, and apparently Toyota has made up their own size speaker for our trucks???

I have a set of 6 1/2 3-ways that I pulled out of one of my previous cars laying around and I intend to attempt to put them in without an adapter plate at some point when I have the time (read as it's on my list of things to do but no-where near the top). I'll post the results if you can wait that long.

5. Aug 30, 2007 at 5:43 PM
    lineberw

lineberw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    Order the TAco Tunes spacers and the harness they will allow you to plug right into the speaker wiring harness and it gives you more magnet room. The stock speakers have the mounts built into they so the adapters are like a must.

6. Sep 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM
    kingtaco

kingtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    I bought the spacers from taco tunes. After I took the factory speakers out. I found out that you can remove the factory spacer by by using a small screw driver. try this first. this way you dont have to send the new spacers back.

Products Discussed in

To Top