1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing spindle seal, have question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rosscopeeko, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Nov 10, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    Rosscopeeko

Rosscopeeko [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 sport
    Today I replaced both of my bearings and hubs on my 08 Tacoma. The passenger side spindle seal had a tear in it, so I replaced it. I left the spindle attached and just pulled the cv through. Driving in the seal was tough and I thought I had it. It was getting dark when I started putting it all back together. I grabbed my headlamp with I was reinstalling my brake caliper and noticed the spindle seal has a 1mm gap at the top. In other words it's not installed perfectly flush. The truck is all back together and I haven't driven it yet. I've been thinking I should take it back apart tomorrow and drive the seal in all the way. If I leave it I'm sure it won't be good. Is there a way that I can get to the rear of the spindle without taking everything back apart? Also, will I need a wheel alignment now that I've had the bottom ball joint removed from the bottom of the spindle?

2. Nov 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    Rosscopeeko

Rosscopeeko [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 sport
    I do know that I'll have to remove the axle nut, but will I have to remove the brake caliper, rotor, hub etc? Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top