1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reprogram OEM keyless entry; Ignition-engaged door lock function

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 747, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Mar 15, 2008 at 6:45 PM

747 [OP] function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I searched the threads, but couldn't find this code. If I missed it, blaze away.:eek: Courtesy of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For 01-04 Tacomas equipped with a factory alarm or keyless entry, here are some programming options that allow you to adjust the way your locks work.[/FONT]

REMOTE UNLOCK BUTTON FUNCTION

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first programming option allows you to set the entry unlock to: (A) unlock the driver door with one push of the UNLOCK button, and the remaining doors with a second push OR (B) unlock all of the doors with a single push of the UNLOCK button. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open the driver's door. Remove the key from the ignition switch.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Complete these steps within 40 seconds)[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the key into and remove it from the ignition switch 2 times.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](IN - OUT - IN - OUT)[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Close, then open the driver's door 2 times.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](SHUT - OPEN - SHUT - OPEN)[/FONT]
      3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the key into and remove it from the ignition switch 1 time.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](IN - OUT)[/FONT]
      4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Close, then open the driver's door 2 times.[/FONT]
      5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the key into the ignition switch and leave it in.[/FONT]
      6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Close the driver's door.[/FONT]
      7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turn the key from LOCK to ON 4 times, ending at LOCK[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK)[/FONT]
      8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remove the key from the ignition. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wait for the locks to stop firing, then proceed as follows.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the key fob, press and release both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time.[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For all doors to UNLOCK with one press of the UNLOCK button on your remote: Press and release the UNLOCK button.[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For only the driver door to UNLOCK with one press of the UNLOCK button on your remote: Press and release the LOCK button.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open the driver's door. The programming is complete. If programming did not occur, start over.[/FONT]
    IGNITION-ENGAGED DOOR LOCK FUNCTION

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The second programming option allows you to set the doors to lock when the ignition is turned on, and unlock when the ignition is turned off.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open the driver's door. Remove the key from the ignition switch.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Complete these steps within 30 seconds)[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert the key into the ignition switch.[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Close, then open the driver's door 2 times.[/FONT]
      3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turn the key from LOCK to ON 5 times, ending at ON[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Programming option (select one of the following).[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Ignition controlled lock ON] Close the driver's door.[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Ignition controlled lock OFF] Close the driver's door twice, leaving it closed.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](SHUT - OPEN - SHUT)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turn the key to LOCK. The programming is complete. If programming did not occur, start over.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When performing the programming, the park lights may or may not flash to confirm that the program was accepted. The only way to confirm the programming is to test them to see if they are functioning as desired.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These procedures may or may not apply to pre-2001 models.[/FONT]

P.S.: If anyone knows how to disable the confirmation beeping, post it (the beeps are uber-annoying). [EDIT: disable confirmation beeping/chirping here.]

2. Mar 18, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    Xaulted

Xaulted Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 Silver Taco Dbl-Cab Limited PreRunner TRD
    Haven't tried it yet, but I think this should be a sticky. Good job!

3. Mar 18, 2008 at 6:44 PM

747 [OP] function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Thanks, Xaulted!

4. Aug 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    WRW

WRW New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    does anyone know how to do this for 2009 model year?

5. Aug 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    WRW

WRW New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    does anyone know how to disable the auto door lock feature for 2009 Tacoma?

6. Aug 12, 2010 at 6:27 PM

747 [OP] function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    I don't. If you've already searched in the 2nd gen. section, and didn't find anything, you might try starting a new thread there.

Nice job on searching nonetheless...this is an oldie!:)+1

Good luck man!

7. Sep 9, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    warrenw

warrenw Warren

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Edmonton AB, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD Off road
    It can be done... My 2009 has it disabled. (came from the dealership that way)

8. Sep 30, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    iDigTulsa

iDigTulsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    03 DoubleCab TRD SR5 4x4
    Free Alarm Mod, Grey Wire Mod, Reverse Leaf Spring Helper Mod, Kenwood Deck, Memphis 10'', Yakima Roof Rack, Debadged Sides,Silver Toyota Skid Plate, Injen CIA, 3.5'' Amsoil Dry Filter, 17 x 7.5 Tundra Split Spoke Alloy's
    I just discovered this thread, and wanted to provide a bump for any new (or older) members that have yet to discover this simple and useful mod. Good stuff here.

9. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Father

Father Active Member

Member:
    Where would I find out how to do this for a 2011?

10. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    The 2nd Gen. Tacomas forum?

11. Mar 31, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    Father

Father Active Member

Member:
    So will that whole combo work on a 2011?

What would happen if I press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A Start?

To whoever left the reputation comment: "Are you trying to be a dumbass or does it come naturally?"... you must not have played Nintendo back in the day...

12. May 5, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    I just tried this in my 03 and it didn't work. I want to disable the ignition auto lock. Tried several times in under 30 seconds. I got confirmation beeps as well but no luck. Any help?

13. Jun 16, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    I just tried this on my truck (followed steps exactly), and now my keyless entry won't work at all... Any advice? I tried the programming multiple times.

14. Aug 8, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    tiochachie

tiochachie Member

Member:
    Hey guys, just bought an 04 and I bought new fobs and this sequence does put the truck into programming mode and then I press "lock and unlock" simultaneously on the fob followed by either lock or unlock (tried it both ways), the truck cycles the locks again, I open the door, but then the fobs don't work. What am I missing for initial programming?

15. Aug 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    tiochachie

tiochachie Member

Member:
    Ok, for the next lucky taco owner.
    Use this link
    http://www.chadspictures.com/automotive/How-To-Program-Toyota-Key-Fob/
    to initially program new toyota 2001-4 fobs, and then the sequence above to set preferences.

After driving a 2wd 2002 regular with manual windows and doors and no clock for 13 years it sure is nice getting the creature comforts:).

Products Discussed in

To Top