1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reputable Shell Dealer in Georgia?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by WhiteFishTacos, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Feb 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM
    WhiteFishTacos

WhiteFishTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 V6 ACLB
    Uniden Pro520XL 5' Firestik II Pioneer FH-X720BT Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Subwoofer
    I'm nearing my goal for saving up some money for a shell and starting to wonder where to buy from. I'm in Athens, so NC and SC aren't out of the question as long as they're close by (within 3ish hours). I'm looking to purchase a LEER from a dealer that's helpful in walking me through the multitude of options, able to install it, and willing to correct anything wrong with it (i.e. leaks, wiring, etc).

Where have you purchased your top from? Good stories? Places to avoid? Thanks in advance!

2. Mar 7, 2016 at 5:19 AM
    KaptainH

KaptainH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2013 DCLB Sport
    The Leer dealership here in Gainesville GA (Only about an hour from you) is awesome. Whole shop just made for Leer and they do some other accessories. I haven't purchased from them yet but have been in contact with them for a few months and went in to talk to them personally. They walked me through where most Tacomas leak, told me what I should do to prep for a shell (caulk around the bed rails), and they will email you back almost instantly. I talked to both Jim the guy who works the counter mostly, and the owner whose name escapes me. Anyway- I would really recommend them and I can't wait to pull the trigger on my purchase as well.

3. Mar 7, 2016 at 5:22 AM
    Dagosa

Dagosa Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco TRD OR
    Debaged
    I don't live in the area, but if a shop is a dealer for Leer, they would have to be at least reasonable to do business with. I would just check the listing and see how long they have been in business selling Leer caps.

I did business with Leer here with a dealer I had good dealings with in other areas. So, if a shop has a good rep in other products, I would not worry so much.

4. Mar 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    WhiteFishTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    Uniden Pro520XL 5' Firestik II Pioneer FH-X720BT Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Subwoofer
    Thanks for the replies. KaptainH, I'm assuming the Leer dealership in Gainesville you speak of is the one listed on Leer's website...Jr's something or another?

5. Mar 7, 2016 at 4:16 PM
    KaptainH

KaptainH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2013 DCLB Sport
    Yes indeed. It's at 1190 Jesse Jewell Pkwy #100, Gainesville, GA 30501

6. Mar 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM
    WhiteFishTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    Perfect! That's an easy trip from Athens...used to make that run back in undergad every other weekend when I was dating a girl at Brenau. As long as I remember where the speed traps are, it's a quick 45 mins.

Anyway, thanks for the info and I'll make sure to tell them you sent me. PM me your name if you'd like and maybe they'll hook you up with a reference deal when you buy yours. Keep me posted on your experience when you buy yours and I'll do the same if I get mine first.

Products Discussed in

To Top