1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(RESOLVED, T-SB-0148-16) Uninitiated trip meters reset

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by swimmer, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Apr 13, 2019 at 7:15 AM
    Delmarksman

Delmarksman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Smyrna, DE
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB - Red, Premium & Tech Pkg
    OEM, For now...
    General question to anyone who will answer:
    What did you do for a vehicle while they had it?
    The local stealer wants me to pay for a rental which is unacceptable.

2. Apr 13, 2019 at 11:53 AM
    cctk2

cctk2 GLACIERBIRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    NorCal and Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '68 FJ40, '16 TRD AC OR A/T WHITE
    Accessories: SnugTop Rebel canopy AVS Window Rain Deflectors TACOMA 6' Bed Mat Weathertech Mud Guards (4) Scanguage (re-installed from the '02) Tekonsha Voyager Brake controller (Chalet A frame pop-up.) Vinyl letter insets for tailgate. Garmin CS60 GPS mounting. Other misc décor in the form of decals.
    This was My Experience : (tho it's all posted in here many pages back)
    1) They ordered a new cluster with an approximate arrival date.
    2) Simultaneously had me 'estimate ' a odometer reading for when the replacement would be done .
    3) Was established that the replacement would be +/- 100 miles of TRUE. (Turned out the difference to be 34).
    All parties satisfied.
    Never had to leave the truck .
    Never needed a rental .
    Good luck

Delmarksman and over60 like this.
  3. Apr 26, 2019 at 10:11 AM
    Delmarksman

Delmarksman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Smyrna, DE
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB - Red, Premium & Tech Pkg
    OEM, For now...

Thanks for the reply, update to the situation/conversation points:

Originally they were unwilling to give me a rental at their expense as this is a TSB and not a "Warranty Repair."
    With that; I repeatedly mentioned my "Platinum" extended warranty and the fact that this is a "New to me CPO vehicle" both of which are supposed to be bumper to bumper warranties... They said that they would call me...

So after about a week:
    The dealer, by way of the Toyota Rep, has agreed to perform the service and will pay for a rental vehicle, up to $55/day from Enterprise.
    I told them that I wanted this in writing and after a second consult with the Rep, they stated that they would handle all of the arrangements with Enterprise.
    I had told them that I'm a First Responder and needed a truck, "I bought a truck for work and will not accept a Corolla," hence the whole "going through Enterprise deal."

They are unwilling to go the route of guesstimating the mileage. They have ZERO idea how long it will take to get a cluster so they were not having it...
    Time frame did not sound promising at all.
    Not sure of how true that this is but they mentioned that there are 7 possible configurations of the cluster and would need to remove it to confirm exactly which one to order. That doesn't sound right to me but IDGAF as long as they fix it right and don't damage something else while they have the truck.

They would "Like" to be able to repeat the condition to confirm. I said good luck and it's completely random. But as was stated in the OP that it generally happens after a short drive and then sits for about 90 minutes. I can give them dates of the 3 incidents and +- mileage.
    The service scheduler that I'm dealing with has a 2016 TRD OR DCSB and has had this same issue with his, so I have that going for me.

I did bring in the TSB number, thank you OP and TW for that!!! The Lead Mechanic, while he'd never encountered the issue himself, knew immediately what the issue probably was going to be, then confirmed the TSB number with an all knowing grin.

Appointment to drop the truck off is next Thursday. Will see how it goes.

Many thanks to all who've posted their trials and tribulations with this issue. TW is an awesome resource!

Products Discussed in

To Top