1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Resonator length?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by memario1214, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Jul 10, 2010 at 5:11 PM

memario1214 [OP] Vivid Illumination Vendor

Oct 1, 2009
    First Name:
    MT recently relocated to Willmar, MN
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
    Alright, I have the Aero 2525 and I love it to death but have one slight issue. I have this little rasp that pops up between about 2300-3000 RPM and it pisses me off and the DTLTs that I plan to order soon will just accentuate it. Also, I carry passengers often and people in the back seat cannot hear up front haha. I am looking to get a resonator but don't know what length to get? Can someone explain to me what different lengths in a resonator does as well as examples? I already know that different lengths cancel different sounds, but I have no idea the sound difference between a 13" or like a 17" resonator sitting in an exhaust system. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
To Top