1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Resources for Finding Trails

Discussion in 'North East' started by btreible90, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Mar 26, 2020 at 5:33 AM
    aStrauss

aStrauss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    When I was camping up there last summer, I looked up which county I was going to be staying in, and downloaded the map for that county. I also downloaded individual maps for each town within the county, and printed them all out. A friend of mine has done the same but basically downloaded them to a GPS app that he runs from a tablet that is mounted to the dashboard in his Jeep instead of printing them.
    Doing it that way allows you to record tracks, and download previously recorded tracks if you know someone who has the files already, and certain apps will let you add/show/hide different layers like google earth/maps.
    You can also check out gravel map.com for legal roads elsewhere. It’s a site used primarily by cyclists, so I’d recommend reading the notes, and checking against google maps or similar, on any section you plan to check out just to verify that you’re heading o to a legal road.

2. Apr 1, 2020 at 3:03 PM
    JRVfromDVT

JRVfromDVT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Access Cab
    The vtrans maps posted earlier are probably your best bet in VT. A buddy and I printed a bunch of them out at one point and fit them together like a jigsaw puzzle to make a more-or-less full trail map of where we are (Windham county)

Some of the stuff is kind of outdated or inaccurate. Some of the class IV roads/trails on the maps are overgrown nothing more than foot paths.

Any questions about stuff in Southern VT, let me know. I have a decent amount of knowledge of the area.

3. Apr 1, 2020 at 3:57 PM
    aStrauss

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB 6MT

I’m pretty sure Windham is where we were as well. We camped at Molly Stark camprgound

4. Apr 1, 2020 at 4:10 PM
    JRVfromDVT

JRVfromDVT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Access Cab
    Yup! Like 20 minutes from us in Wilmington.

5. Apr 1, 2020 at 5:58 PM
    aStrauss

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    My mistake, it was Allis state park near Warren. My dad took the family to Molly stark when I was a kid. I found a cool route from allis over toward warren falls, then up to Lawson’s finest and back that covered a lot of class IV roads. Unfortunately, the first one has a private property sign posted, and although I knew it was a public road, I wasn’t about to tell the local who posted the sign otherwise, while sitting in my XTerra with CT plates. So I turned around at the sign and stuck to pavement.

Products Discussed in

To Top