1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reverse ligths

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BSP4x4, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

how many of you have added revers lights? if so can you post up pics of where you mounted them? and what type?

2. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    tfc946

tfc946 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 White DCSB TRD OR 4X4
    i put mine on the underside of the bumper fairly close to the receiver hitch. i just bought some cheap lights from wal-mart. works very good. will post pics when i get a chance.

3. Nov 5, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    Larzzzz

Larzzzz Grande' Ricardo

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '06 dclb 350+ kmiles
    Aux back up lights, Bed lights, Re-located trailer plug, Good dooby, a.k.a. jumper cable mod, Heated seats, back up camera,
    Mine are mounted to the hitch with kindorf L brackets and inexpensive sway bar bushings. They will bend out of the way so they won't break. I installed a photocell circuit for my bed lights earlier and use it with a solid state and a Bosch relay so the lights only turn on when it's dark.

4. Nov 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    Fore

Fore Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    I put a pair of Navigator NV-534 fog lights on the back of my bumper using the existing holes closest to the trailer hitch. I think they look pretty cool, their small stylish design is different then your regular square fog lights, they come in black and you hardly notice them, and they work great for me when I'm backing out of my driveway or hooking up a trailer or bike rack in the late evening or morning. Hope this helps they cost around $40 at Advance Auto. :cool:

5. Nov 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    theres a couple guys on xru that have put hids in their reverse lights :eek:

6. Nov 6, 2009 at 1:56 AM
    05sctaco

05sctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Santa Cruz
    I got some cheap $10 h3 fog lights, that are drawing power from my reverse lights, they help a lot when you have 5% tint in the back. I have some extra piaa xtreme white h3 bulbs to replace them with.

Products Discussed in

To Top