1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review Black & Decker RTX Rotary Tool

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by DBZ, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM

DBZ [OP] Hunter-Gatherer

May 24, 2010
    South Georgia
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Fog lights anytime, DIY shorty antenna, carpet lined storage bins, debadged, tailgate hoseclamp, DIY washable cabin filter, AFe Pro-Dry air filter, Protecta bed mat
    The short version of this story is that this is a great product for the money and an excellent alternative to a Dremel tool. It states that it is a three speed device, but I have found that it actually is a variable speed. You can set the speed dial to any position in between the L-M-H marks on the dial and the motor will respond accordingly. I bought one at Wal-Mart for $26+tax and have been very satisfied with it. B&D includes a few accessories with it, but I recommend picking up the Dremel brand accessories since there are more to choose from and more widely available. I have not found a Dremel accessory that is not compatible. Definitely worth picking up for several of the mods mentioned on this forum.

I found this product because I'm a review junkie. I thoroughly research almost everything I buy which made this purchase kind of ironic so to speak. My wife and I recently got a new puppy and having dogs previously were looking for an easy way to clip its nails. I read reviews on the Pedipaws garbage of a product which sold for $20. One reviewer mentioned the Black & Decker RTX was much better and only $26. So my next visit to Wal-Mart I purchased one with the sole use being to do my dog's nails.

Up until that point I never thought of buying a rotary tool. I thought they were gimicky. Now that I have my Tacoma and visited this forum I'm glad I bought this product on a whim. I've used it on several mods over the past few months including trimming my mud flaps, DIY shorty antenna, and fog lights to reverse light mod just to name a few. It also works well for grooming your dogs nails, you just have to get them used to the product before using it on them.

Below are the links for Wal-Mart and Amazon where you can peruse the reviews there as well.

To Top