1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review Black & Decker RTX Rotary Tool

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by DBZ, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    DBZ

DBZ [OP] Hunter-Gatherer

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Fog lights anytime, DIY shorty antenna, carpet lined storage bins, debadged, tailgate hoseclamp, DIY washable cabin filter, AFe Pro-Dry air filter, Protecta bed mat
    The short version of this story is that this is a great product for the money and an excellent alternative to a Dremel tool. It states that it is a three speed device, but I have found that it actually is a variable speed. You can set the speed dial to any position in between the L-M-H marks on the dial and the motor will respond accordingly. I bought one at Wal-Mart for $26+tax and have been very satisfied with it. B&D includes a few accessories with it, but I recommend picking up the Dremel brand accessories since there are more to choose from and more widely available. I have not found a Dremel accessory that is not compatible. Definitely worth picking up for several of the mods mentioned on this forum.

I found this product because I'm a review junkie. I thoroughly research almost everything I buy which made this purchase kind of ironic so to speak. My wife and I recently got a new puppy and having dogs previously were looking for an easy way to clip its nails. I read reviews on the Pedipaws garbage of a product which sold for $20. One reviewer mentioned the Black & Decker RTX was much better and only $26. So my next visit to Wal-Mart I purchased one with the sole use being to do my dog's nails.

Up until that point I never thought of buying a rotary tool. I thought they were gimicky. Now that I have my Tacoma and visited this forum I'm glad I bought this product on a whim. I've used it on several mods over the past few months including trimming my mud flaps, DIY shorty antenna, and fog lights to reverse light mod just to name a few. It also works well for grooming your dogs nails, you just have to get them used to the product before using it on them.

Below are the links for Wal-Mart and Amazon where you can peruse the reviews there as well.

Wal-Mart:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Dec...00000000006840330&adid=1500000000000006858130

Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1282846003&sr=8-1

Products Discussed in

To Top