1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: http://www.toyotapartsdirect.ca

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chris135, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Feb 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    Chris135

Chris135 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    I just wanted to put this up real quick as I'm in Canada and was recently looking to find replacement parts for my truck but at a discounted price. A quick google search led me to the following link but I couldn't find anything on here about first hand experience:

http://www.toyotapartsdirect.ca

There I found parts blow ups similar to what I'm used to seeing on my computer to work along with parts numbers and prices. One discrepancy is one part will have 2 or 3 parts prices or numbers. Don't think you can just select the cheapest one, more on that later.

The reason I was looking for parts is I was in an accident recently and was taking the opportunity to switch from my All Pro bumper back to the OE bumper. Lucky for me they had just about all I needed. My total was just under $1000. I work for a body shop and get 10% off the list price for Toyota parts, but lots of there prices were cheaper than even our shops cost. So after hearing a positive result from one person on here I took the plunge.

Just so you're aware, if you have a large order or large parts there is an additional cost for shipping in addition to the scale they provide on the website.

So I put my order in and paid the extra amount for the courier as the bumper made the package too large to ship door to door. I was told a few parts had to be changed because they didn't match up according to my VIN.

A few days later I got my parts and everything was accounted for and undamaged. Only issue was that the bumper was wrong. It was a 2012+ style bumper, but the bumper extensions I received were still the 05-11 style. After calling them immediately we eventually discovered the problem. The bumper was one of 3 parts that were selected wrong that did not match up to the VIN and were to be changed. Only problem was that it wasn't corrected manually.

I was happy to hear thought that they brought another bumper in that day, verified it was the right one and shipped it out the following morning. They had the courier return the wrong bumper to them and covered all the extra shipping costs.

To make a long story short I received all the parts I needed at what I feel is a really good price and experienced pretty good customer service despite having the mixup. I would definitely consider using them again in the future if I'm looking at putting in a bulk order. Just my 2 cents in case there's some fellow canucks looking for OE parts in Canada.

2. Feb 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM
    sr5vic

sr5vic Buy & Hodl

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    295/70/17 Geolander G003 M/T's, 17" Work S1HC's, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, King 2.5 EXT Coilovers, King 2.5 Tundra Rears, Total Chaos UCA's, Total Chaos LCA's, BruteForce Fab Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs w/ D29XL AAL, 'OCTACO' Custom SS Brake Lines, Extended R.Diff Breather, RDI Aluminum Skid Plates, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Yellow Fog Lights, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Clear Front Spot Lights & Rear Work Lights TRD PRO Grill, TRD PRO Headlights, US Offroad Winch Mount, SmittyBilt X2O 10k Winch, RotoPax 2Gal. Fuel & Water Canisters , VIAIR Constant Duty OBA System, Custom Bussmann RTMR Panel, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, StopTech Slotted Rotors, TRD Brake Pads, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR 500 Relay, Dometic CFX40 w/ slide
    Good to know! Finding reputable companies to deal with in Canada is far and few.
    Ill keep them in mind for my next orders.

3. Feb 9, 2016 at 8:12 AM
    eric801

eric801 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric801
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd

Products Discussed in

To Top