1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: UOBD2 Mini VCI for Toyota

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ziggynagy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ziggynagy

ziggynagy [OP] All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Software only works for Windows XP (or running in XP-mode).

2. YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Ziggy, so you are having success with the software? In your opinion, it's worth owning?

3. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Works great on my '11. I think it is worthwhile as I've changed the seabelt chime and reset my tpms with it. One of those things that only gets used 3x a year but saves me a trip to the dealership.

4. YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Very well, it's on the purchase list.

5. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger, aFe CAI (same as TRD 1st gen) w/Dry Filter, URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley, custom exhaust system, 5100's front & rear, TSB rear springs, 55 watt Xenon HID hi/lo 4500k Headlights, 35 watt 3000k yellow fog lights, fogs on w/headlights mod in sig, tinted side windows & windshield, Kenwood Navigation Unit, 5mm wide-angle flush mount LEDs in orange tied into illumination circuit to light up all storage & cubby areas at night, DEI Alarm, remote start w/cell phone control that works from anywhere, Custom electric roof mount rifle rack for LMT AR15
    Can I set the NTSC to be disabled by default rather than having to hit the button every time?

6. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    K, I hear NTSC and all I think about is cameras but I don't think that's what you're asking....

7. Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, aFe CAI (same as TRD 1st gen) w/Dry Filter, URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley, custom exhaust system, 5100's front & rear, TSB rear springs, 55 watt Xenon HID hi/lo 4500k Headlights, 35 watt 3000k yellow fog lights, fogs on w/headlights mod in sig, tinted side windows & windshield, Kenwood Navigation Unit, 5mm wide-angle flush mount LEDs in orange tied into illumination circuit to light up all storage & cubby areas at night, DEI Alarm, remote start w/cell phone control that works from anywhere, Custom electric roof mount rifle rack for LMT AR15
    Sorry, I meany RSCA. Boy, not even close on that one. :D

8. KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    20% Tint, Factory Cruise, Delayed Wiper Switch, Factory Fogs, Hitch, Toyota OEM bed box,
    How easy is it to get updated versions of Techstream?

I want this unit but am concerned an older version of Techstream might not like my 2013,

9. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Just looked, you can customize ABS/VSC/TRAC but no option on the RSCA :-(

I haven't tried this with a 2013. Best solution may be to email the seller and see what version they have then check online for compatibility with your truck.

10. Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Damn, that sucks. They give you a button on the dash to temporarily disable it but I need it done permanently. Oh well, thanks for the response.

11. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Yea, the RSCA appears in the data list so I can see the status, ON/OFF, but no way to change the default setting upon start up.

12. Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Nuts to that!

13. KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    20% Tint, Factory Cruise, Delayed Wiper Switch, Factory Fogs, Hitch, Toyota OEM bed box,
    So I have version 8.10.021 on my laptop now and the cable and little CD,

The S/W is installed but every time I try and connect to my truck it asks for a registration key,

What's the way around this, I just want to disable my seat belt beeper, lol...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    The ebay seller is real quick with responding to my questions?

The instructions were not clear at all, but he will refund me what I paid if I send it back.

I really want it to work though.

15. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    My instructions were pretty clear and it worked. But if you tried to connect to Toyota to download/check for updates then it probably locked the program. You'll probably have to delete out the registry entries or try again on a new laptop.

16. justchil

justchil Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD OR
  17. justchil

justchil Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD OR
    Works great for me. No luck on Win7 x64 but I reinstalled with Win7 x86 and the driver worked.

I turned of the seatbelt chime but it still chimes 4-5 times at startup... I haven't tested further than that yet. Pretty neat for 30$

If anyone wants the update: Techstream_Update_V8.10.021 just let me know I'll dropbox it. You might have to activate again?

18. steveo27

steveo27 Ask me about my weiner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steveo
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off Road & 1992 VW GLI
    Bilstein 5100s, Top plate spacer, Wheeler's add a leaf, Spidertrax, Duratracs, Blue Sea fuseblock, LED light bar, ect
    Bumping this back up. Will this work with Windows 8?

:beer:

19. ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Dunno, all my pc's are Win7 or lower

20. steveo27

steveo27 Ask me about my weiner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steveo
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off Road & 1992 VW GLI
    Bilstein 5100s, Top plate spacer, Wheeler's add a leaf, Spidertrax, Duratracs, Blue Sea fuseblock, LED light bar, ect
To Top