1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reviews at Edmunds Scaring me Away

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rctoyguy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I get 21 MPG on 55 mph speed limits. I'm about 60-70% highway driving, and I get that, so you could expect to get 20 easily. And there is a slight annoyance with the shifting, but like previously said, if you get that TSB done, then you should be good to go.

2. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    daled1979

daled1979 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Trd-off road
    I have a 2010 as well and find the shifting between 1-2 hard - most often when I slow for a turn, let off the gas around 10-15mph, then after the turn get back on the gas...the engine revs high followed by a jerk-like catch from the tran.

I took mine in today and the dealer told me the same thing about the TSB isnt for this truck and so on. The tech went to lunch as soon as he dropped my truck off for pick-up so I will be going back on Friday to take him for a drive a reproduce the trouble. Has anyone else, I'm sure have, ran into this problem with the TSB not issued for the 2010 but still have the transmission issues as a 2009?

3. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    Review the attached TSB for VDS and production change VINs. Check your VIN to see if your truck is affected. Your dealer may not know what they are talking about...

Attached Files:

4. Mar 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    rctoyguy

rctoyguy [OP] Member

Member:
    Clay, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    12 DC PreRunner Sport
    learning the lingo here --- I can figure out what TSB means - but I'm guessing on this... Toyota Service Bulletin?

5. Mar 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    novadesigns

novadesigns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC LB 4x4 TRD Sport
    mini antenna... I'm getting to it! Sheesh!
    Close.... technical service bulletin :)

6. Mar 2, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Man that sucks, although it would not be the first time Toyota excluded a model year only to allow it later on, so maybe they will include all 10's down the road.

Products Discussed in

To Top