1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reviews: BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by fuentes89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Jun 26, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    fuentes89

fuentes89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose Fuentes
    Conroe, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    I got a 2005 double cab sr5 prerunner. The tires i got now are shot ( cheap high way tires) so i need new ones. I do 90% high way driving and 10% off road, when i do fishing, hunting, and the weekends to go camping, so i go through occasional mud.

Ive been researching the BF Goodrich Rugged Trails and theres alot of good reviews on the Discount Tire website. I also searched on here saw some negative reviews from ppl who mainly used them for nothing but off road use...

Any one on here do the driving that i do and have them? if so how are they noise, mileage, looks, worth the money, etc..... if not any opinions on a tire that may suit my driving needs?

Thanks

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    I'm running stock everything including Rugged "Fails". I've read the reviews on here and thought that using them off-road today would guarantee a flat or four. They proved to be very strong and sturdy for what we did. NOT compared to other tires (ie Duratracs or Grabbers), but check out the recent Gorman thread and you'll see 2 MGM Tacos running these tires and neither of us had a problem in sand/mud/rocks. Others have, though.

I personally think their great for highway use (just made an over 4k road trip w/ off-roading thrown in), but will be switching them out w/ Duratracs when the time comes because I plan on using my truck for more off-road adventures.

Maybe you'll want to check into an A/T, but I'm sure other advice will quickly follow here...

Products Discussed in

To Top