1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Revtek suspension lift on 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by dcoatsj, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Dec 30, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel

Haha. That's a good one.

Got my Sunday reading here lol:popcorn:

2. Dec 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM
    cipherbreaker

cipherbreaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reasons *I* got a PRO:
    1. I wanted a PRO.

Benefits:
    1. Not begging for hood scoop
    2. Not having to replace all the parts I knew I was going to want to replace and do all the mods I knew I wanted to do to get the look I wanted (which happens to be the TRD PRO look)
    3. Not wanting to wait one more year for the color.
    4. Supply and demand. I am sure it will be harder to find a Voodoo Blue MT TRD PRO in a few years. I mean, they are hard to find now. That means good resale value.
    5. Having a nice and capable suspension until it is ultimately needed to upgrade it. At some point I may replace it but I don’t need to yet.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. Dec 30, 2018 at 8:55 AM
    SCJeffro

SCJeffro @Voodoo_Blu_Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Voodoo Blue TRD Sport
    OK So I will indulge the question (since you have a low post count, Which could mean either you really haven't seen any of the 15K posts on this already... Or you are a troll... Hopefully not the second)

Why people buy a TRD Pro:
    • It is a TRD PRO (we live in a vain world, status is a thing and a legit TRD Pro means you spent more money on a "better" model than the other guy... Before the trolling begins, YES BETTER is PURELY SUBJECTIVE!)
    • CRAZY HIGH RESALE... Yes tacomas in general have high resale, but you can not deny this is a real thing, USED 2017 Pros are still moving off lots TODAY at near MSRP prices. If you don't believe me, do some research in many markets, they are... Obviously not everywhere.
    • Things that are better (OK lets say "different") about the TRD Pro than any other model (AGAIN SUBJECTIVE... Are they "better" or not? the guy who paid for them will say YES they are better, the guy who wanted to pinch pennies or whatever your reason is for NOT buying a Pro, will scream from the rooftops they are NOT...)
    1. Grill (Yes you can get an OEM one for your OR/SPORT/SR/SR5 or even knockoffs now, but if its not better why is it so widely copied or swapped out?)
    2. Head lights (Again same as above)
    3. Tail lights (Again same as above)
    4. Fog Lights (Again same as above)
    5. Hood (It is different in that it has a black scoop and decal... Is this better? I don't have an opinion, but it is copied quite a bit on other models.)
    6. Badges (They are different, they identify it as what it is... Are they better? I like the Pro badges and would leave them on, 99% of the time I debadge my vehicles.)
    7. TRD skid plate (Is this better? I don't have an opinion, but it is copied quite a bit on other models)
    8. TRD Pro Wheels (They are different... Are they better? AGAIN SUBJECTIVE... I like the Pro wheels better than any other wheel offered on a stock Tacoma, that said, I would swap them in a heartbeat for some SEMA TRD Pro wheels off of a 4R.)
    9. Tires (They are different... Are they better? AGAIN SUBJECTIVE... My Opinion... I don't like them, Toyota missed the target completely here.)
    10. TRD Cat Back Exhaust (It is different... Is it better? AGAIN SUBJECTIVE... I don't have an opinion, but it is copied quite a bit on other models.)
    11. Leather Interior (It is different, It does identify it as what it is, with the TRD Pro stitching... Is it better? I like the Pro interior better than the Leather in the other packages, I like the pattern and the headrest stitching better than the standard leather YEP 100% SUBJECTIVE.)
    12. TRD Pro shift knob (It is different, it helps identify it as what it is... Is it better? I don't have an opinion, but it is copied quite a bit on other models.)
    13. FOX Suspension (It is different... Is it better? YES it is better than the STOCK suspension offered on any other model. (This is really not subjective, it is just better.) Is it the best suspension on the planet? NOPE not by a long shot.)
    14. Color (people bought the 2017 TRD pro in CEMENT & they bought the 2018 TRD Pro in CAVALRY BLUE because it was thought these would be "exclusive" colors to the Pro (My opinion> Toyota failed Pro owners here again by releasing the colors to all levels thus dropping the Pro resale a little) People are still buying 2019 TRD Pros in VOODOO BLUE for the same reason. (I love the color so this was my #1 reason for wanting a TRD Pro... I will be disappointed if (& probably when) Toyota releases this color to lower levels cause it will decrease the resale value of my Pro a bit)
    I think that's it.

Bottom line though people buy the TRD Pro over the OR/Sport for a lot of reasons, one of the biggest being BECAUSE THEY JUST WANTED TO AND HAD THE MEANS TO... They had a choice and they made it... That's all.

4. Dec 30, 2018 at 9:13 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    Good list ^ well done sir

Yodanadane likes this.
  5. Dec 30, 2018 at 10:06 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Regarding resale close to MSRP.. my 2013 SR5 depreciated $400 after 4 years and 58k miles when it was totaled.

The market is a bigger contributing factor to those prices than the trim level.

Sub_Par likes this.
  6. Dec 30, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco Id Rather Be Airborne

Member:
    Lost somewhere in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    Don't need spell check when TW has spell check trolls like yourself to correct all us no spellin unedumicated memebers. Thank you so much as I have corrected that major flaw in my post.:thumbsup:

Yodanadane likes this.
  7. Dec 30, 2018 at 10:25 AM
    Slick Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    The real benefit to spending $10k more on the pro is the cool badging that says 'TRD Pro' and the paint color thats exclusive to the pro for the release year but will be available on all trims the next year. If your plan is to upgrade and mod to your personal liking then save your cash and get the Off Road and make it your own.

20181013_113913.jpg
    20181002_172246.jpg
    20181118_122717.jpg
    20181022_163608.jpg

Thomasf94, 71tattooguy and oranjish like this.
  8. Dec 30, 2018 at 11:46 AM
    Alesimo

Alesimo Jeeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Alec
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
    What wheels are those?

9. Dec 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM
    Nu2taco

Nu2taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCTRDOR4X4 AT
    You also mispelled retard

10. Mar 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    erict14

erict14 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Gray TRD Pro
    none yet, that's why I'm here!
    OP, did you ever pull the trigger on the Revtek 427ap or did you go another route? Just curious how you like the Revtek if you went with that set up. A lot of hate on here when the Revtek option gets brought up, but most who have it installed seem to be happy with it.

11. Apr 2, 2019 at 2:37 AM
    dcoatsj

dcoatsj [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Not yet bud, will be installing at the end of this month

12. Apr 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    erict14

erict14 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Gray TRD Pro
    none yet, that's why I'm here!
    @dcoatsj Nice! Keep us posted with pics and ride comfort, please!

13. Apr 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM
    BrewDrew

BrewDrew Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD Pro
    @Slick Taco Your truck is one of the best looking trucks I'be seen. Your lift with those wheels and tires are perfect.

Slick Taco likes this.
  14. May 7, 2019 at 6:54 AM
    Brent_Blacke

Brent_Blacke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Wayne, PA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro
    OVTune; Tint - 5%/15%/35%; Shift Sense Pro, Ray10s, Grill Lights
    Anymore feedback on the Revtek 427ap? Looking to do the same in the near future.

15. May 7, 2019 at 9:04 AM
    PJTACO

PJTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD PRO
    The obligatory "I didn't buy a pro and you shouldn't have either" Post.

Classic.

Also you can fit 33s yeet

bwkoopm likes this.
  16. May 7, 2019 at 11:27 AM
    Slick Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    A new troll to TW oh goodie

17. May 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    VLTHNTR77

VLTHNTR77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Everett, WA.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD off-road
    RCI skid and sliders, GoodYear Ultraterrains, HID's, SCS SR8s, lots of ME-SO goodies, Diamondback HD.
    Exactly what is a "ragret"?
    I'd like to know so that I can avoid them.:rofl:

Alesimo[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. May 7, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    VLTHNTR77

VLTHNTR77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Everett, WA.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD off-road
    RCI skid and sliders, GoodYear Ultraterrains, HID's, SCS SR8s, lots of ME-SO goodies, Diamondback HD.
    I'm just messing with you. I blame lack of sleep.:D

Alesimo likes this.
  19. May 16, 2019 at 7:52 PM
    Funzy

Funzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Golden, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black '18 OR MT
    Lift and cap so far...
    Hey, how did you color the T on your grill?

20. May 16, 2019 at 11:13 PM
    Slick Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It's a vinyl sticker.

Products Discussed in

To Top