1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino liner / linex in new truck?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by jake slatnick, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:32 AM
    ChukarBob

ChukarBob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport DC LB 4WD AT; preceded by '15 Subaru Outback & 2007 Tacoma SR5 DC LB 4WD AT
    A week into owning my new TRD, I've already seen my golf bag and push cart careening around the bed of the truck in route to the golf course. When I load up the dog in her plastic dog crate, I want to see that crate stay put (double the problem when my friend and his dog crate come along on bird hunting outings). Lashing things in with rope or ratchet straps isn't my solution. So I'm in the market for a bed mat. Two Tacos ago, the truck bed had Line-X (came with the truck bought used), but that's an expensive solution, about $500, for my needs. I'll buy the OEM mat or the Westin and periodically pull the mat out and clean out whatever has accumulated underneath it. Just my solution -- not saying it's right for all.

2. Mar 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
    CusterFan

CusterFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeastern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Silver Sky 2019 Tacoma SR, AC, 4X2, 2.7
    Anybody that spends $50K on a Toyota Tacoma should have there head examined.

That is a fact.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Kilokato likes this.
  3. Mar 27, 2017 at 11:14 PM
    jake slatnick

jake slatnick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD Pro
    285/75r16 KO2's, Baja XL 80's on CBI ditch brackets, TRD intake, opticoat pro, clear bra running the bottom sides, morimoto LEDs, all white LEDs inside, mounted shovel and axe above wheel well in the bed, linex'd the bed...
    Coming from a non pro owner...

4. Mar 28, 2017 at 6:24 AM
    CusterFan

CusterFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeastern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Silver Sky 2019 Tacoma SR, AC, 4X2, 2.7
    Very good. You are correct... I'm fresh out of raisin pie would you settle for a cookie?

5. May 7, 2017 at 8:07 AM
    Farmer_Ted

Farmer_Ted I WANT A TACO!

Member:
    Mid West
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR AC 4X4 MT
    Hardcore off road floor mats!
    Back from the brink of D.E.A.T.H! to add my 2 cents...

I'm not worried about the composite being scratched or nicks on it, I'm worried about how slippery it is. I've used rubber matts in previous trucks. They do help, but still slippery; especially when it's wet. I load 500lbs motorcycles in my Taco and dislike how slippery it is. That's why I'm thinking of getting my bed lined.

The $500 or so to get it done is cheaper and less hassle then dropping a motorcycle with $1000+ in fairings. It gets expensive quickly if you drop a motorcycle. Plus, possible damage to the truck. Now, I've only dropped a motorcycle three times in the 10 or so years of loading & unloading from a truck. Once was a ex girlfriends motorcycle; in too much of a rush. :boink: That cost me $200 - 300.

So yea. That's my worthless .02 cents...

jake slatnick[OP] likes this.
  6. May 7, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    TacoFister

TacoFister Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2016 QS TRD 4x4 Off Road
    Swear. That rubber bed mat should come standard with the truck. So far it was the best and most practical mod/ addition I've done to the truck..

Farmer_Ted and jake slatnick[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top