1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino linning???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ETaco23, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Hi guys! I was wondering which product is best to use? Im wanting to coat the top of the lines in my bed to make it not so slick...

can I use just a spray on, or would a roll on application be better? I know dupli-color makes on, not sure if its any good though?

thanks for any help! :D

2. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Roll on is probably less work....Easier to control where it goes without taping and worrying about overspray. Hercuiner worked really well for a workshop that had a metal floor (It was on a boat) that needed attention.

Another option is a bed mat. Far easier to install...

3. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    TACODACKS

TACODACKS Forging Elite Fitness

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    The Streets of America
    Word on the street (although I can not confirm) is that the spray on liners won't stick to the bed. I assume it just can't adhere to the plastic/polymer, but, I have yet to test this.

4. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    oh, really? so the roll on would be a better bet..

I want a bed mat for christmas but who knows, and right now I need something so that sand bags or some sort of weight in the bed wont go all over the place...

But if the Hurculiner is ganna cost almost as much as a bed mat, then I geuss theres really no point right?

5. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think you can get small cans of herculiner for like 30 bucks. The kit to do the full bed is like 100 IIRC.

6. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    ^^ sweet! I may have to go look.. all I need is like a quart of it, and a small roller. I just want to know if it will stick ok to the Tacoma bed?

7. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    That shit sticks to pretty much everything...I have a hard time believing it won't stick-but I guess it's possible.

8. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    yeah I know what you mean... I hope it does, bc im ganna probably do it soon.. If it warms up alittle...lol

9. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    eternal512

eternal512 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    The bed-mats are really nice. I got mine from my dealer for 85$ after i told him i didn't want to pay 120. :) I think you'll be happier if you leave the truck-bed unmolested and just pay the extra 50 bucks.

10. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    ^^ yeah, your right! I will see if I can get my dealer down on the price too.. its retarded that they want soo much for a rubber mat!!

11. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    With proper preparation, I can't imagine that spray in bed liners wouldn't stick to the bed. I had the cracked and aging plastics on my quad Line-X'd and it's holding up great.

Products Discussed in

To Top