1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ride quality after Bilstein 5100 Series

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by armenianaction, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    armenianaction

armenianaction [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Beaumont,TX
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport speedway blue
    TRD CAI,TRD Exhaust, 6000K HID headlight,6000K HID fog light,Toyota skid plate
    looking at having the TSB performed and installing the Bilstein 5100 Series shocks. I was just wondering how stiff the ride was after installing them. Do you have to add UCA after adding the 5100s?I had the toytec front coils and AAL in rear on my 07 and the ride was so stiff it caused rattles in the dash after a while. I just don't want to repeat that on this one.

2. Apr 8, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    commtrd

commtrd commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    My truck rides sweet after the 5100's installed. I used the factory coils though. I put the front perches at .85" but kind of wish I had set them a little higher now. Anyway the truck rides great a little firmer than with the trd shocks and a lot less body roll in sharp turns. Great improvement...what the stockers should have on them from factory. I put michelin 265/70/17 tires on in place of the stock (245/65/17 if I am remembering correctly) and so far they have been very good on my truck.

3. Apr 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    I am really happy about the ride quaility I have with Bilsteins set @ zero with front Eibach coils. Bumped up to a 265/75/16 Michelin MS2's and the ride is about as perfect as it gets for me. I toyed with bumping up to .85 on the billy's but really like the ride and my trucks stance now. At zero you may notice that my truck sits approx 1/4" nose high in the front. I have not done the rear spring TSB and probably won't.

The MS2's are a quiet, ride great, and will proper care I should get 65000 miles out of them. 100% of my driving is on road, so I had to keep it real when deciding what tire to spend $$$ on.:)

One thing to note, the higher you go with the Billy's the more firm ride you will have. I have also learned that the rear leaf spring also firms the ride up. I don't haul super heavy loads everyday. So this works for me.

Before AAL added- a tad low in the rear.
    [​IMG]

July 6th I added the 1.5" toytec AAL-very happy with the ride and subtle stance w/AAL.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top