1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ride quality

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by yetio24, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Jun 29, 2022 at 12:22 AM
    yetio24

yetio24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hector
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma 3rd gen
    I’ve got a 2020 TRD Sport, and the stock suspension isn’t bad, the truck is stock and I’ve had it stock for 3 years now, I like the occasional off-road trip and never really had clearance issues bc I never do anything crazy, but I’ve noticed the ride to get more bouncy on the road, and the truck does roll and dip when breaking, now I understand is a pickup and it’s part of its quirks, and I love the truck but does upgrading shocks/suspension improve the quality for everyday driving or only the capability off-road? And am I able to keep the stock height or similar with upgrades suspension, again I do nothing crazy with the truck lol just drive it everywhere and want to make it more comfortable if possible. I took a road trip to Tahoe from LA last year and I did notice the ride then more than anything. The ride quality just seems to have become a bit more numb and floaty not a good Sense, again it’s a pickup so I’m not expecting a class quality or even Corolla in that matter but I’d like to feel a bit more control of the truck when driving.

2. Jun 29, 2022 at 12:41 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ I drink, and I know things… Moderator

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    Your factory shocks are probably showing age. A good aftermarket shock/coilover makes a world of difference. Budget depending...lots of options out there.

3. Aug 23, 2022 at 4:40 PM
    Smokestacks

Smokestacks Well-Known Member

Member:
    BayArea
    Vehicle:
    1996 3.4L 4x4 Tacoma extra cab MT.
    Eaton Truetac limited slip Bilstein 5100s struts set at 2” 5100s shocks Torch add a leaf B&M short throw shifter Hella h4 headlights Warn front hitch Curt rear hitch Sony DSX-GS900 Deck Custic 1000watt amp Alumpro 10” sub Lund Steel Gullwing tool box Broadway rearview mirror Weather tech window deflectors
    How much weight do you normally carry
    What kind of tires do you have and what psi? Any shocks/struts leaking? How much off road(/off fire trail/off loging roads) have you done?

Products Discussed in

To Top