1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rim advice (yeah I know...)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redgrom, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Hello, yet again another pointless wheel/tire question. Thinking about stepping down from the 18s I currently have to either 16's or 17's (285-75-16 or 285-70-17) I would like to know the pro and cons of each size rim. Truck is slowly transforming from daily driver to something a little more trail friendly. Seems like 17 inch rims have more options when it comes to tires and both should clear the calipers. Just wanted to get a few opinions. Also if you the idea of another tire / wheel thread feel to say what you will... I imagin I earned it:D

2. Mar 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    the larger the wheel, the more damage it will attract on the trail.

most of the offroad guys are running 16 depending on the tire size, but unless you do some super gnar stuff, it's basically up to you to choose

Products Discussed in

To Top