1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rinnai Wall Furnace...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Veccster, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Apr 10, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Anyone have one of these systems or are familiar with them? I have a 15'x25' finished basement and need supplemental heat.

http://www.rinnai.us/direct-vent-wall-furnaces/

It will run off propane and the tank will be placed along the outside of my house. It also requires a 3" vent, which I can hide by boxing it in.

I haven't gotten the price yet but I have a feeling it will be expensive ($2000-$2500). We have an electric heat pump in our house and the only 2 returns are in the ceiling. With an open floor plan, the heat rises upstairs before we feel it. We have considered electric radiant floor heat but are using carpet and it is not safe or efficient.

Anyway...just brainstorming and wondering if anyone else has advice.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Go to Lowes...Get an electric Fireplace...under 500$...

It heats my basement perfectly...and its 20x30...I got one and built an entertainment center around and have my tv sitting on top of it with shelves for my dvds on one side and all my equipment on the other...

Well worth it...I have the vents in the ceiling too...Once the furnace kicks on...Its heats it up to like 60 degrees...but it wont go much past that...I turn the fireplace on...Its warms up 70 in no time...Install ceiling fans to circulate all the heat back down in the room and you'll be set...

Products Discussed in

To Top