1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Force Balancing Your Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 1adkpeaks2, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Sep 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    1adkpeaks2

1adkpeaks2 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ric
    Lk George NY
    Vehicle:
    New Upgrade 2012 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Off Road
    Full Side Step Ups Bug Sheild AVS Window Vents Camo Rocker Panels - SOON
    FYI for individuals replacing their factory tires and others going more aggressive. I was reasonably lucky having my factory oem bridgestones
    going 60,000K - not aggressive tread. I drive 30K per year with only about 4K off road. New 2007 V6 with off road pkg - Stock with a few minor tweaks.

Originally replaced with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour P265-70R-16's. Slight steering wheel vibration 45 - 55 but whe I hit 62 and beyond it was bad. Had 2 tires replaced and the tire pressure dropped 5 lbs [uncomfotable with 32 lbs psi] much better but the problem is still there.

I just had my 60K mile service and the dealer could find no mechanical issues with the truck. I try to keep up the little things so I can get 250 - 300K usage out of my baby!

Changed out to a set of Michelin LTX AT2 tires big difference but steering wheel vibration still there over 65 mph. Brought truck to the dealer and had them road forced balanced. Seems all of the dealers and a few shops are using the Hunter GPS 9700 sytem to control wheel balance, tread direction and essentially your ride. Night and day difference - I can only relate this to how the manufacturers are engineering the tread and forming the tire building process!

Just sharing my experience and hoping to save you some time!
    Toolin down the road Again!
    Ric [1AdkPeaks2]:)

Products Discussed in

To Top