1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Robmotive: Is He a Joke or Credible?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Mad German, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Oct 5, 2022 at 4:12 AM
    Mad German

Mad German [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    I tried watching a few of his videos, but I found them so cringy and hokey, I have to ask you guys; is he a joke or does anyone actually find him credible?
    It seems his trucks are victims of JC Whitney-itis. What I mean is that he seems to throw on a lot of cheap crap (along with the odd quality part) and calls his trucks “full of mods.”
    He’s comical to me (as a guy who’s turned a few wrenches in his day) but I wonder what guys just getting into trucks think of him.
    What are your thoughts on “Robmotive”?
    Have a great day everyone!

AwesomeLaw68 likes this.
  2. Oct 5, 2022 at 4:27 AM
    KY_Rob

KY_Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    North East Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD-OR 6MT
    OEM: TRD Pro Grille & Garnish, TRD Pro Skid Plate, TRD Pro Rear Tail Lights, Tailgate Remote Lock, Black Chrome Exhaust Tip, Black Emblem Overlays, Bed Mat Vorra65 AC Drain Mod Kit FBC Harness Solutions (aka daveeasa) D-I-R Harness with Aux out Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Taco Garage Dashtop Multi-Mount MESO: Gashole, Total Tails Stg1, V5 Switchback Mirror Turn Signals, HitchPod + S1, Vent Rings AJT Designs: Radio Knobs, Door Handle Covers Black Forest Industries Shift Knob for R8…using an adapter MountainHatch Tailgate Insert KTJO4x4 Drivers Side Grab Handle Cali Raised Catalytic Converter Shields BajaDesigns NextGen Squadron SAE Amber fogs Bilstein 6112 Front & 5160 Rear ICON Add-A-Leaf pack ICON Sway Bar Relocation Blocks ECGS Bushing 17” SEMA Gunmetal Gray Wheels with LT255/75R17 KO2’s Active Off-Road U-Bolt Flip Kit w/Timbren Bump Stops Redline Elite Hood Struts
    He seems like a decent guy, who likes to make videos. It’s obvious he’s a home-gamer DIY type, who just enjoys doing that sort of thing. Never seen him claim to be a pro mechanic or anything like that. Occasionally, he does have a nugget or 2 of good info. Sometimes he’s just out in the weeds. I enjoy his videos, simply because of the man’s enjoyment of the Toyota Tacoma.

If you don’t like something, just turn it off. No need to run someone through the mud if what they’re doing isn’t harming anyone.

3. Oct 5, 2022 at 4:34 AM
    Mad German

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    I heard someone describe him as a Scotty Kilmer wannabe who only shops at WalMart, lol!

4. Oct 6, 2022 at 1:26 PM
    Usfdrohead

Usfdrohead Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pedro
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Sport DC
    He’s been making the same videos over and over and over for years straight. Extremely repetitive content . He tries way too hard to make a new video every day, rather than doing creative and interesting content. He’s literally done no less than 10 videos on a grab handle. I don’t know how he convinced 30k to subscribe.

5. Nov 3, 2022 at 11:00 PM
    vivid02

vivid02 Buy a Tesla…..I need the gas.

Member:
    First Name:
    Edwin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB
    OEM+
    I have watched one or two of his videos. They are not for me though.

AwesomeLaw68 and Tacospike like this.
  6. Nov 3, 2022 at 11:07 PM
    tacotroy17

tacotroy17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD-OR
    He followed/unfollowed me a bunch of times on instagram and I called him out on it. He blocked me. Not a fan of his content.

SR-71A, AwesomeLaw68, KY_Rob and 2 others like this.
  7. Nov 4, 2022 at 6:45 AM
    Usfdrohead

Usfdrohead Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pedro
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Sport DC
    He blocks EVERYONE on YouTube that says anything not in favor of his content. I was blocked immediately for asking why he makes the same videos over and over again. His comment section is so filtered because he blocks everyone that opposes him.

8. Nov 4, 2022 at 6:49 AM
    Mark77

Mark77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Off-road
    Nothing yet
    Some good videos with decent information. But to me, his videos could by a third as long as they are. Its like he just talks to hear his own voice.

50Buck and Tacospike like this.
  9. Nov 4, 2022 at 7:46 AM
    tacotroy17

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD-OR
    He makes them so long to maximize monetization.

50Buck and Tacospike like this.
  10. Nov 4, 2022 at 8:01 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Semi-Unknown Custodial Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks
    I think if you're a new Tacoma owner, he will have some stuff for you to help get you started on entry level mods.

Squirt, KY_Rob and tacotroy17 like this.
  11. Nov 8, 2022 at 7:18 AM
    KY_Rob

KY_Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    North East Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD-OR 6MT
    OEM: TRD Pro Grille & Garnish, TRD Pro Skid Plate, TRD Pro Rear Tail Lights, Tailgate Remote Lock, Black Chrome Exhaust Tip, Black Emblem Overlays, Bed Mat Vorra65 AC Drain Mod Kit FBC Harness Solutions (aka daveeasa) D-I-R Harness with Aux out Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Taco Garage Dashtop Multi-Mount MESO: Gashole, Total Tails Stg1, V5 Switchback Mirror Turn Signals, HitchPod + S1, Vent Rings AJT Designs: Radio Knobs, Door Handle Covers Black Forest Industries Shift Knob for R8…using an adapter MountainHatch Tailgate Insert KTJO4x4 Drivers Side Grab Handle Cali Raised Catalytic Converter Shields BajaDesigns NextGen Squadron SAE Amber fogs Bilstein 6112 Front & 5160 Rear ICON Add-A-Leaf pack ICON Sway Bar Relocation Blocks ECGS Bushing 17” SEMA Gunmetal Gray Wheels with LT255/75R17 KO2’s Active Off-Road U-Bolt Flip Kit w/Timbren Bump Stops Redline Elite Hood Struts
    Earlier in this thread, I stuck up for the guy. I’d had a couple of interactions with him via comments, and truly believed what I said. Today, that all changed…

He recently made a video about his current “lift”, and supposedly provided all the information within the video. I must’ve missed some of what he said about what went on with the rear of the vehicle, so I asked about it. His response was “watch the video, it’s all there”. Again, I responded that I did watch the video, and didn’t see what I was asking about.

The jackass then stopped just short of calling me a liar, because there’s no way I could’ve missed it if I watched the video.

What the hell is wrong with people? I asked a simple question, with no ill intention. I know I’m a nothing nobody in the grand scheme of things, but screw that guy. Fastest unsub I’ve ever done. No time for that kind of arrogant idiocy.

12. Nov 8, 2022 at 7:27 AM
    Road_Warrior

Road_Warrior There is nothing on my horizon except everything

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black SR5 4x4
    I watched a few of his videos when I was first researching the Tacoma. They were too cringy and gimmicky and I had to stop watching them.

50Buck, vivid02 and Tacospike like this.
  13. Nov 8, 2022 at 7:55 AM
    tacotroy17

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD-OR
    I just watched the video and he does answer your question. A better response on his end would have been to provide the time stamp to where he talks about it (6:05 FYI). That being said we are talking about a guy who is reading off a script for the simplest information so I wouldn’t expect much more.

14. Nov 8, 2022 at 8:18 AM
    General Chaos

General Chaos I like pie.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM Tacoma OR TRD 6MT
    I give him a 4 on a 1 to 10. I had to drop him two points for wearing those muscle shirts. :rofl:
    He’s probably smarter than me about Tacomas…but that’s a low bar. He’s providing a service. I just cut him off when I don’t get anything from it. Same for Scotty…who I add two points for all the arm/hand flailing (which amuses me).
    Take that fwiw.

KY_Rob likes this.
  15. Nov 8, 2022 at 8:21 AM
    KY_Rob

KY_Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    North East Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD-OR 6MT
    Thanks! That’s all he needed to do, was provide a polite time stamp, and not act like an asshat. I was low-key advocating for the guy. He can eat a bag of phallic appendages at this point though.

16. Nov 8, 2022 at 9:39 AM
    tacotroy17

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD-OR
    Scotty and Rob are not the same. I always enjoy Scotty’s content and the exaggerated hand movements.

EdgemanVA likes this.
  17. Nov 8, 2022 at 10:11 AM
    General Chaos

General Chaos I like pie.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM Tacoma OR TRD 6MT
    Well yeah. I love all the flailing around as well. They are not the same knowledge-wise but for me, if I don’t need to hear any more, I cut them off. So I treat them the same. Kinda like when the the tv networks think I want to watch the Dallas Cowboys every week: I just turn the channel.

vivid02 and KY_Rob like this.
  18. Nov 8, 2022 at 10:56 AM
    BLtheP

BLtheP Not a Member

Member:
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    2021 MGM TRD On-Road DCSB MT
    5.29 Gears, FJ Pedal, 265/75R16 Toyo ATIII
    Blah. I enjoy watching people with technical information. His channel is mostly catalog mods and clickbait titles; there is no real brainwork in any of it, so it's a snoozer for me. The tank tops don't help.

My favorite video was when he thought limiting his truck to S4 meant he was in 4th gear once he shifted it. He was doing a video about how the sport shifter in the auto trans works, and yet he had no clue how any of it works. Hard to take a channel seriously when the knowledge is blatantly absent in the content.

vivid02 and tacotroy17 like this.
  19. Nov 9, 2022 at 9:18 AM
    Mad German

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    That's his standard reply when asked questions about video content. I like tasteful mods, but his trucks look incredibly tacky with lots of (sometimes cheap) stick ons.

20. Nov 10, 2022 at 6:32 AM
    Usfdrohead

Usfdrohead Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pedro
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Sport DC
    “Have a look”

thats his response. And if your comment doesn’t agree with him it’s a delete and then followed by a block. He blocked me from all his channels.

Products Discussed in

To Top