1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock Front Ranch 8/22/21

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MSN88longbed, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Aug 25, 2021 at 10:03 AM
    MSN88longbed

MSN88longbed [OP] Sporty Shorty

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Single Cab 4x4, Auto, Blinding White
    Kings all around, Method 306, Cooper STT Pro 265 75/R16, JBL amp, Morel Speakers, Undercover tonneau, Alcan leafs, SOS sliders, RCI skids, SSO Slimline, Engo winch.
    I did some easy intermediate trails with an old buddy on Sunday, then we decided to investigate an expert trail to see what it looked like.
    The map showed it as being a dead-end.
    After several miles of pinstripe tightness, we were hoping there was an open gate. That’s when we found ourselves partially down the gnarly black diamond section with no place to turn around and no likelihood of backing out.
    With extreme focus and lots of analyzing the terrain, I informed my buddy where to guide my wheels while spotting me.
    I wound up making all 3 scary sections smoothly and we got down to an open gate, only to find multiple other ones that were locked.
    The current map doesn’t even show existing trails that are closed, so we were in a pretty sketchy situation.
    Luckily, we eventually made contact with a local hunter on a quad who directed us to the way out.
    Of course we didn’t take photos of the gnarly sections because of the intensity of the moment.
    From the time I picked him up till when I dropped him off was 10 hours.
    Whoops…
    A4FC6B6A-52CA-4AFB-9303-E82ADCEEC5B7.jpg

2. Mar 24, 2023 at 6:55 AM
    TACOHIO419

TACOHIO419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great pic!

MSN88longbed[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top