1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock River

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by RCBS, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    RCBS

RCBS [OP] How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    asking the AR-15 gurus...my boss is on the fence about purchasing a Rock River Elite Comp. The rifle is new and has never been unwrapped from factory plastic, comes with all parts and documents. One of his friends is wanting him to buy it (guess he has too many toys). The asking price is $1300.00. My boss already has 3 Colts of various styles and also a RR Entry Tactical. My question: is $1300 a good enough price for him not to pass up? he obviously doesn't need another AR, but i think he's looking at it as an investment and can't seem to make up his mind. he asked me what i thought, but i really am not schooled enough on the little black rifles to help him out. the seller seems to think it's a good deal...your thoughts?

piece in question:

[​IMG]

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    considering it has the quad rail handguard,flip up sights, magpull stock,and 2 stage trigger installed its a pretty good price for that weapon. is it a deal i couldn't turn down? no. i would personally spend that 1300 on an m1a or save enough to buy an stg 58

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    Two things wrong with the idea.
    I wouldn't call it an investment at that price.
    AR's have come way down in price in the last 6mos.
    The other problems is that if he does buy it, and shoot it, he'll quickly realize his Colt's are not that great.
    That RRA is a nice piece.
    I'd buy it if there's a purpose for it.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    i agree with the above post. if he does get it, he will think his colts are a piece of junk. i shoot a rock river in long range competitions and i love it. the two stage trigger on it is sweet. super crisp when it breaks. if he has an intended use for it and might want to sell one or two of his other ar's, then go for it.

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    Colts are junk compared to RRA? Now I've heard it all

6. Jan 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    RCBS

RCBS [OP] How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    the only AR he has that actually gets any trigger time is his Colt accurized model, the rest are in the safe with the PTR91's and other various "assault weapons". most all have been aquired under the premise that they will increase in value over time...which they will. market is just flodded at the moment. it only takes one HR bill to bring those values up very quickly.

he went ahead and bought the Elite Comp by the way...thanks to all for the replies.

7. Jan 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    Good purchase for a good piece.
    In re prices...anybody wanna buy a 1995 vintage Glock 15 round magazine for the price it cost then?
    How about a Colt 6920 for what it cost 12 months ago?
    Firearms in current mass production are not likely to go up very much...limited runs, vintage pieces in good original condition, those are more like investments.
    Guns are fun, safe queens are not.

8. Jan 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    My grandpa had bought 2 colt ar15's several years back, idk what law was about to push through, but he held onto them for a few months and sold them for WELL above what he paid for them. So yes, these types of guns can be a good investment.

9. Jan 7, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    LB Taco

LB Taco Taco... since '97

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 Red PreRunner LB- sick!
    Debagded, American Outlaw 17" rims with BFG 265x70, Ipod interface, GC upper and lower grille, black grille surround, Red Devil Horns, relocated horns, A/C mod, Fogs on anytime, Original 40 flowmaster, Hella 500ff behind the grill, with more to come with more $...
    This is the exact gun I wanted until I realized I could build it myself and get a better rail (i think that half quad rail sucks because u cant put a VG close enough) and all the same parts for a little less. So I sent that route and instead of the magpul CTR I have the Vltor modstock and I love it.

* I also went with the mid length upper that has 1 MOA vs 1.5 MOA on this rifle (i think that matters)

10. Jan 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    depends on the intended use, this one has a chrome lined barrel which wont be as accurrate but will last longer and hold up better in extreme conditions

11. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    All I can say is that Rock River makes one really nice AR.

Products Discussed in

To Top