1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ROCKER SWITCH HELP!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Sorry, I was wrong, and I deleted the original diagram to correct it. It should now be right. As you have suggested, simply swap terminals 2 & 3. I just had to have a stupid convoluted way of saying the same simple thing. :rolleyes:

2. Sep 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    :bananadance:

No worries, your diagram got me thinking along those lines and now, within like 10 minutes, the OP's switch works perfectly! Successful collaborative effort :thumbsup:

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    I didnt take the time to read all replies as I am at work, but other than the deal with relays and stuff (which is right), reverse your 2 power wires going into the switch. They are backwards causing the light to stay on whether the switch is on or off.

I install a lot of Marine rocker switches here at work and this is the same thing that happens to me when I forget which pin is which.

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Guess I should have read the 2nd page where it was shown as Fixed. Ooops, glad you got it fixed anyway

Products Discussed in

To Top