1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

*ROCKY LIFE* Clothing And Apparel

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by xwillx93, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Jan 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    Hey all,
    Driving around Florida I've seen all sorts of clothing, accessories, bumper stickers, window stickers etc. for "Life" brands
    Swamp Life
    Salt Life
    Marsh Life
    Muck Life
    Palm Life
    etc.
    I just moved to Stuart about a year ago from Littleton Colorado for all my life. I have created my own life logo and i call it "Rocky life" being from the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I've had all sorts of people telling me they'd buy it and how great it was. So just seeing if anyone here would be interested because im considering investing in some shirts and stickers. No payments, just seeing if it could be popular enough :cool:
    -Coming up with designs as we speak. Thinking of a sketched drawing of a truck (Probably taco ;)) crawling up the mtns or something in snow!
    -Here's what the back of my truck looks like:
    TRD And Rocky Lift.jpg

2. Jan 2, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Cool. I've got an Aunt in Littleton. My brother lives in Breck and is all about the "Rocky Life".

3. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    Bump anyone even think its a good idea???

4. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    curious to see the design with the taco crawling on something...

5. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    i'm thinking of a truck with offroad gear (snorkel, bumper, tires, lift etc) maybe flexing? with a mountain range in the background. gonna mess around and draw a little bit as well as photoshop

6. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    you can go many routes with it also...with a mountain biker, rock climber, mountain climber (14ers), dirt bike, etc...

7. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    or even multiple ones....

i.e. taco crawling up the "e" with a mountain behind "Rocky Life" and a mountain biker jumping off the "R"

8. Jan 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    So far...its going to be one giant, collage, if you will. The background will be the foothills with the mountain range in the background. There's a huge scope with cross hairs layering over the background. In one corner, there's a first gen tacoma with a huge tube bumper flexing, in another corner there's an elk grazing, another is a bass going to attack a lure and the 4th corner i'm still trying to figure out.

9. Jan 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    I'm interested to see where this goes

10. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    UPDATE:
    In the 4 sections of the scope crosshairs is 1. A sillhouette of a fly fisherman. 2. and elk between 2 trees and a mountain range sillhouete. 3. 2 cowboys riding towards you swinging ropes sillhouette. 4. Still comin up with the 4th picture. But the front has a small basic 3 mtn range and it says Rocky Life

11. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    rollin904

rollin904 Feather Slinger

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    In my opinion any vehicle with those gay ass Salt Life or any other "life" stickers can crash and burn in a fiery mess....yes, I hate it that much.

:crapstorm:

12. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    well half the people here pick them up at gas stations and bait shops because they look "cool." I'm making this to stand out from everyone and because i am proud of where i came from. I'm sure the originator of Salt Life thought so too. However, so what if Rocky life goes mainstream? I'll know the meaning of it while kids spend $10 bucks on a cool sticker for their car or truck :cool:

13. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    rollin904

rollin904 Feather Slinger

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    While I agree with your intentions, you shouldn't duplicate what others have already beat to death. Surely you can come up with something more original than "Rocky Life."

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

14. Jan 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    ShawnH72

ShawnH72 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma
    2.5" spacer lift in front & 2" blocks for the rear, Nitto Terra Grappler's (275 65R/18) & Moto Metal 951 wheels, TRD exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake, Nifty Catch-All Xtreme floor mats, bug shield, window visors, Smittybilt 3-piece billet grill, black N-Fab steps, Sickspeed black billiard style shift knob, black leather shift boot with light gray double stitching, maglight mod on both sides, tailgate lock mod, debadged tailgate (except for Tacoma), black shorty antenna, DashMat black dash cover, Kenwood stereo.
    I'm in Colorado and would definitely be intersted in the shirt...and probably the decal as well!

15. Jan 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    07NavyTaco

07NavyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Chicago
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, short bed, 4x4, bilstein 5100s
    billy 5100s @ 1.75, black grill and lower valence, tinted windows
    my dad wanted one of those "salt life" stickers because he lives near the coast and they look "cool". he doesn't fish nor does he own a boat. has nothing to do with said "salt life". :eek:

i quickly talked him out of it. if it's a hobby of your's and you enjoy a "salt life" or "rocky life" then show it off. :thumbsup: i don't like the posers (like my dad), that's why i talked him out of it. :rolleyes:

16. Jan 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Sounds good guys. I'm gonna scratch that idea and try to come up with something more simple. I'll print 25 GOOD QUALITY shirts (Gildan) and see if i make any success...Tacoma World, Flea markets, Campus, Etc.

17. Jan 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    You guys really feel that strongly about stickers? I don't get it. But you are definitely welcome to your opinion.

I like the idea OP. and in my opinion, everyone should put whatever sticker they want on their car/trucks, who cares?

I like the rocky life thing. Looks good.

(all this coming from somebody with zero stickers on their truck :))

18. Jan 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    its not "just a sticker" ya know? I'm clearly no Floridian and i like people to see that i stand out. And plus, i get to tell a story everytime someone asks what the hell Rocky life is. Plus, its my only sticker :)

19. Jan 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    07NavyTaco

07NavyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Chicago
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, short bed, 4x4, bilstein 5100s
    billy 5100s @ 1.75, black grill and lower valence, tinted windows
    ^^that's how i feel about sitckers on my truck.

i have a few. Georgia Bulldogs, SERE, and an indoor rock climbing gym around here. they show the things i'm interested in and you'd be surprised at how many people notice and comment on them.

20. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    xwillx93

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Have a completely new design... Having a friend draw it up as we speak, should be done tomorrow! I'll keep it updated

Products Discussed in

To Top