1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roof Rack on a extra cab.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by sir1123, Oct 3, 2011.

1. May 29, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    Tucker771

Tucker771 Tacoma Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Tucker
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Doublecab 4x4 TRD
    Gray wire mod, 4" coil lift, 2" block lift+2" AAL, rear air bags, re-located trailer wiring plugs, trail gear front bumper, kicker sound w/pioneer in-dash, 8" kicker sub, airaid MIT kit, trail gear rock sliders, arrow antenna, blacked out grille, HID kit, Smittybilt 8k winch, extended brake lines, LED overhead lighting, LED turn signals, Explorer Rock Lights, removable doors, Re-wired 4x4, Roof Rack
  2. Feb 10, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    turnerk1

turnerk1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    1996 4X X-Cab
    Mystery Lift
    Yeah, older thread, but for posterity, here's a pic of what I did for my Xtracab to carry a spare tire. It's the Yakima Q Tower system with additional stretch kit. Only the first two "towers" attach to the rain gutter inside the door with Q16 clips. The back two towers are held down via the extension bars. The round crossbars are 48". I really didn't want to drill holes in my roof so this is a good option for me. Since the bars are spaced farther apart than my spare is round, the aluminum channel pieces make a nice bed for the tire to sit on. I've been surprised at how not wind noisy this all is. Seems sturdy too, but I will be strapping the tire down to the bed in back since those back towers aren't physically secured.

DSC02407a.jpg

veg hed likes this.
  3. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:23 PM
    Chroad

Chroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma 2.7L Double Cab
    Still stock...
    Well, since this thread came back up, has anyone used the older Yakima towers and Y clips on their Tacoma? I have such a rack that I used on a pre-Taco, and would love to use it on my Tacoma if I could get the right clips off eBay. I just don’t know what clips are the right clips...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:27 PM
    Chroad

Chroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma 2.7L Double Cab
    Still stock...
    Have you put the spare up there yet? How much does your spare setup weigh? I have dimpled the roof of my DD by putting too much weight on a Yakima rack. But I don’t know the load that actually did it so I don’t know what the weight limit really was. It was more than a couple bikes though.

Products Discussed in

To Top