1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roof Rack Options

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Cdavis, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Oct 31, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Cdavis

Cdavis [OP] Active Member

Member:
    OME 2.5" Front, Rear add-a-leaf with extended shackles, Downey Super-clutch, 33" BFG MT
    So this is a fairly generic poll, but I'm considering adding a Yakima rocketbox to my roofrack on my topper to increase the amount of storage I have when doing long road trips and living out of the truck. It seems to have good security and waterproofness, and fairly good aerodynamics. Anyone have any experience with them on their trucks, did they significantly decrease gas mileage? Any other suggestions for boxes?

Also wind deflectors: I've had my yakima rack on top for years and have never noticed any kind of noise or anything, but when really loading up this rack with bikes and a rocketbox, would the wind deflector possibly keep it quiet or improve gas mileage, or act like a sail and actually decrease it? I know this is all theoretical, but has anyone had any experience with this sort of a set up?

2. Oct 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    757southpaw

757southpaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM
    I think Namyo has a rocketbox!

3. Oct 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    +1 on the yakima rack systems, i have one with load warrior basket, love it, cant complain bout anything

Products Discussed in

To Top