1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rotrex C30-94 Oil Change - How To?

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by MrsPib, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Mar 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    MrsPib

MrsPib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTAS, TOYOTAS EVERYWHERE
    I have a 2009 2TR-FE with the Rotrex C30-94 supercharger from the URD kit. It's been installed for a hot minute, and is now ready for an oil change and some new rubber lines (currently cracked/rotted).

I've never played around with superchargers, and have some questions about how to properly change it's oil, and it's fluid capacity.
    1. Total system fluid capacity, what is it? General info on a C30-94 states about 1-qt, but what about with the cooler, reservoir, filter, and about 10ft of line? At $130/liter for the 'Rotrex R50-S150-OIL Supercharger Traction Fluid', I'd like to know prior to cracking the system if I need to order another bottle (currently have 1).
    2. Method for oil change and refill (with line replacement)? I found some manufacturer info on priming the SC before initial start-up - Is it the same procedure for an oil change? Where would you crack the system for a gravity bleed before priming?
      (Install and priming info here: Rotrex Superchargers)
    3. Method for oil change and refill (no component replacements)? I hope in the future I can just drain and fill, no line replacements. What is the method for the oil change then? Crack at cooler and drain? Hand pump out of the SC and refill?
    I appreciate any info you all can lend! In the grand scheme of things, not very complicated I'm sure - I just want to get it right the first time and not cause a damaging situation.

Cheers!

:burnrubber::mudding::cheers:

2. Apr 10, 2019 at 4:36 PM
    SLVRNBLK

SLVRNBLK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzie
    Lithia, FL
    Vehicle:
    Silver TT
  3. Nov 5, 2019 at 6:31 PM
    Groan Old

Groan Old Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Newton NC
    Vehicle:
    Black 2011 SR5 4X4,Double Cab, V6/auto
    I don't suppose you've been sitting on your hands, waiting since you posted back in March, for someone to answer. Check this out, this is the technical manual from Rotrex on all their compressors. I think it's page 21 or thereabouts that shows the correct procedure for changing the lube. It should not take more than a quart to change your system. I've had two different Rotrex systems in a car, and neither one took more than a quart.

https://rotrex.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Rotrex-Technical-Handbook.pdf

4. Nov 3, 2020 at 7:10 PM
    Rola2010

Rola2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 2wd base RC
    Know this is an older thread, but any new insight or tips on oil change not covered in the video or links? Mine will be due soon as well and will be the first time for me.

5. Feb 22, 2021 at 6:15 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTAS, TOYOTAS EVERYWHERE
    To close the loop on this thread - This is how Rotrex recommends fluid-swapping.

It takes about 1qt for a full fluid swap. A completely dry system took a full qt.

20210222_195406.jpg

Rola2010 likes this.
To Top